The Dichotomy of One Dimension

The Dichotomy of One Dimension

A Poem by The Scanners See Sound

Quite frankly,                                                                      What do we use first?

I can't work with all these goddamned distractions      You can't mix Nonsense with this

Stupid music ringing in my ears                                    What would Tank Girl do?

Stupid silence when the music ends                           Hit the spacebar until you fall into the

Bloody scent of fresh summer air from the window          binary oblivion?

Smells like the past.                     Raisonbread, and warm sidewalks

Stop walking!       fraggle                Coffee houses, and giggling

Stop doing things!                              Still compelled to figure it out.

Conversing; blatent abuse of an evolutionary leap    Tank girl would just be more confused

A tool being used for unnecessary interactions          Whip out the anti-armour artillery

I can't get my head around all these notions               Blow s**t up.

And ideas?      Solve problems; the American way.

 

Which I suppose is a good thing                                   If there ever could be one.

Otherwise I'd break my neck            He's saying it like that's a bad thing

And with my luck, it wouldn't kill me                               Luck?

Just paralyze me.                                       Ah....."luck"

Forced to 'live' an already unnecessary existence,              No reason for me on this side.

more unnecessarily                                   The Nonsense is covered.

 

 

But the last thing I need is more goddamned distractions!                           More raisonbread?

Don't f*****g call me!                               Such a pretty voice, though.

Don't ring the doorbells!                                                   Come to bring me good news, then?

Don't tell me about your worthless day!                         Fabled good days, right?

Just let me bloody work on this bloody mess!             You can join, though. Teamwork is fun

 

 

All these sensory perceptions                        Distortion doesn't suffice.

are dwindled down from three dimensions                  Easier to trust lying senses.

Into a dichotomy             of one dimension.   

 

© 2009 The Scanners See Sound


Author's Note

The Scanners See Sound
Very, very experimental "echo nonsense". Tried to blend one level of distorted preception with another alternative level of distorted perception, both creating an interpretation of reality within reality, but still without. The writing was automatic. The only thing that was intended was the unintentional structure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This piece is really phenomenal. There are so many different levels and I find myself loving it more and more each time I read it. It flows nicely and you have done a tremendous job of weaving so much nonsense into one, amazing nonsensical poem. It was clever, angry, conversational, rude, existentialistic, and overall, wonderful. Impressive show of a talented writer.

I know, I know, enough lip service. One thing I would change about it: publish it, then cut it out and frame it. :) Seriously though, very well done. Your experiment was utterly successful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jen
this is what the inside of my head would look like..... a kind of courtroom of words and justification and judgment.

i really like it... it shows a freedom from being confined to format and just expressing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh and I LOVE the tank girl.... GREAT !!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


WOW.... this is chaotic and amazing ... a bit like an ADD piece writing its self..... I love this... you have the kind of talent... that makes the reader want to read more !!! Kudos !!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow that was as powerful as it was annoying. I mean this in the best of ways, and that the intense annoyance one feels in reading this actually lends more effect to it and while its not exactly enjoyable to read, it captures an oxymoronic phenomenon that is truly unbelievable.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This piece is really phenomenal. There are so many different levels and I find myself loving it more and more each time I read it. It flows nicely and you have done a tremendous job of weaving so much nonsense into one, amazing nonsensical poem. It was clever, angry, conversational, rude, existentialistic, and overall, wonderful. Impressive show of a talented writer.

I know, I know, enough lip service. One thing I would change about it: publish it, then cut it out and frame it. :) Seriously though, very well done. Your experiment was utterly successful.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2009
Last Updated on May 30, 2009

Author

The Scanners See Sound
The Scanners See Sound

About
When filling out profile biographies such as this, always remember; the only person that really cares, is usually the person that creates it. If you still haven't figured out wh.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..