Senses

Senses

A Story by Broken Hearted Faux

“Chloe?!” I called down the hallway, glancing into it to see where my little blonde friend was.

“Just finishing my hair!” She replied back.

I sighed and took a brush to my wet hair, waiting for her to return. Checked my phone and smiled when I noticed Nathan Hull (my amazing boyfriend) had texted me. I clicked the buttons on my phone to reply and yelped when I felt arms take me.

Glancing behind me I saw Chloe grinning at me from ear to ear.

“Finished my hair.”

“I can see that.” I smiled.

“Are we going to go pick up Paige and Riley?” She tilted her head.

“Yep. C’mon.” I took her hand and lead her to the living room.

A cold chill ran down my spine when I saw Chloe stare at me blankly and then her eye twitched.

“Lookout!” She shoved me over in time to miss the ceiling fan from hitting me. “My spider sense tickled.” She grinned.

I stared down at the near miss of the fan and scooted a little closer to my best friend.

“How did you….?” I raised a brow, stunned.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. Just came to me I guess.”

Silence rang through the living room for at least a good twenty minutes before we had the same idea to grab the broom and dustpan to clean up the mess. Afterwards, we vacuumed up the evidence; throwing away the last of the frame in the trash.

“So….Paige and Riley…” Chloe spoke up.

I tensed. “Is that another sense? Are they okay?”

“Oh.” Shrugged. “I don’t know. They’re too far away. Plus remember, they always happen when I’m unaware.”

I sighed with relief and picked up my keys. Leaving outside, I cupped my hand over my eye to stop the sun’s glare and Chloe followed closely behind.

My white bug sat in the driveway, staring out at the street, waiting to be driven.

As I leaned over to put my keys in the door and unlock it, Chloe twitched and pulled me back in time to miss a drunk driver from hitting me. The side of his vehicle was scrapped into the side of mine, and his face was in shock mixed with exhaustion.

“My god, Jc. Something has a grudge against you today.” Chloe giggled and smiled again. “Good thing I have a spidey sense.”

“Y-yeah…” My heart thumped in my chest and I smiled at her and headed for the door. “So…Paige and Riley tomorrow?”

She giggled again. “Sounds safe to me.”

“Good…” We plopped on the couch and napped the rest of the day.

© 2012 Broken Hearted Faux


Author's Note

Broken Hearted Faux
XD This was supposed to go in Cracker Adventures but it seems my computer spazzed and made me delete the book *sighs*

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on October 25, 2012
Last Updated on October 25, 2012

Author

Broken Hearted Faux
Broken Hearted Faux

Salt Lake City, UT



About
Hello, the name's Lexy I've been on and off from Writerscafe between life and inspiration. I was once a dedicated writer, always with a pencil in my hand and a notebook by my side no matter whe.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Broken Hearted Faux