Disneyland

Disneyland

A Poem by C. T. K. L.
"

The truth behind the magic is that there can be magic behind truth.

"

I love Disneyland.  When you’re there, nothing matters.  Politics, war, “global warming”, anger, angst, sadness—nothing.  Sometimes, it’s nice to be seven and innocent and able to forget the cruel realities of life.  At Disneyland, you can look at Cinderella’s castle and allow it to take your breath away.  You ignore the fact that it is probably hollow, or structurally unstable.  You remember that the only rule of any kind of magic is to not try to figure out how they do it.  You wonder if this is the time the boulder is going to squish you on Indiana Jones, and how your car manages to get past the enormous boulder every time.

Allowing small, simple things work their magic on us is something that generally is frowned upon.  In the modern world in which we live, we are so accustomed to disappointment that it is generally easier not to get excited about anything so that if it fails (which, in our minds, it most certainly will), we will feel no pain.

It is hard for some to be seven.  This is because they were never really seven the first go-around.  They were always mature for their age, and treated as such.  What most forget, however, is that however large one’s vocabulary or understanding capabilities, seven years old is still seven years old.

Take a good look at that man or woman, that boy or girl, whose eyes are unfocused and expression aloof…who you’ve never seen laugh or cry, who you can’t picture in anything but a suit.  That person who you usually overlook because it’s easier, because there’s more fun somewhere else, because you would get farther talking to a doorknob.  Take a good look, because chances are that is only a façade.  One which weakens only when alone, or at the gates of Disneyland.

 

© 2008 C. T. K. L.


Author's Note

C. T. K. L.
Rate and review, hope you enjoy. It's not precisely a poem, but it's closer to that than anything else. It's just me thinking on paper...

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

what an interesting input about Disneyland. i enjoyed how you described Disneyland being a place where no political or war thoughts and actions ever happen. its a place of the imagination built on earth. a place put there for us to escape for a few hours. away from the devastation, the pain and depression of the outside world. good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Very thoughtful and Interesting points raised. There is surely a 7 year old inside everyone's soul. However we usually don't let anyone see it which is wrong. To feel happy about small things too is something most of us try not to do; and the funny thing is, it is those small things (eating, breathing, the sunlight, water, a bit of fun) which we really need. Most of the rest is what we want, dream and desire; that is not a bad thing. What is bad is the fact that during our quest to make our larger dreams come true we ignore and eventually forget how fortunate we are to have a seven year old inside us who can help us enjoy things like disneyland.
Well done. Stay happy and creative!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what an interesting input about Disneyland. i enjoyed how you described Disneyland being a place where no political or war thoughts and actions ever happen. its a place of the imagination built on earth. a place put there for us to escape for a few hours. away from the devastation, the pain and depression of the outside world. good job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 7, 2008
Last Updated on April 8, 2008

Author

C. T. K. L.
C. T. K. L.

About
I love to write and always have. I write on a newspaper, which I enjoy very much, but creative writing is my first love. I have more full-length novels and short stories than I think are allowed by .. more..

Writing