Niko Chike and the Underground Radio Project

Niko Chike and the Underground Radio Project

A Screenplay by Calculus

A Radio Drama:

Bluespidergirl and the Cape May Underground Radio Project

By Vania Gulston.


Ambience:     Sound of a loud bus engine moving fast along the highway.  People talking in the background.  Baby crying.  People laughing.  Sound of kids moving around the bus as they play. 

 

WOMAN:                               [As if talking to a baby]  Shhhhh.  Shhhhh. 

 

[Screeching brakes]

           

BUSDRIVER:                                     What the--! 

 

[Loud horn of the bus honking twice.  Sound of side window opening]

 

 

BUSDRIVER:                         Why don't you learn how to drive, idiot!

 

[Sound of side window closing quickly and roughly.  Sound of bus motor and the bus moving along the highway.  People talking in background]. 

 

BUSDRIVER:                         Sorry, young lady.  I get really hot at stuff like that.  Young kids.  They drive like they're immortal.  Why would anyone cut in front of a bus like that?  Stupid! 

 

BLUESPIDERGIRL:              Naw, it's alright [with a little laugh]. I understand.

 

[PAUSE.  Sound of bus motor and the bus moving along the highway.  People talking in background]. 

 

BUSDRIVER:                         So, what, you live in Cape May, or are you just visiting?

 

BLUESPIDERGIRL:              Oh, I'm just visiting.  I actually have some business to take care of.  Me and a bunch of folks are setting up a radio station here.

 

BUSDRIVER:                         Really!  That's pretty cool.  What's the call letters and the frequency and all that?

 

BLUESPIDERGIRL: WCAP, 84.5 FM.  It's  a community radio station--to spread information around the Cape  May community.

 

BUSDRIVER:  Cool.  I will definitely listen when you get it up.   And here we are--thequaint little Cape May.  Cape May!  Beach Community and United States Coast Guard Base!  Next stop! 


[Sound of squeeking brakes, bus motor getting softer, steering wheel turning and labored breathing as the bus driver struggles with the steering wheel.  Then the bus comes to a complete stop with the loud thud of settling metal parts.]


[The sound of people gathering up their belongings and moving through the aisles of the bus towards the exit.]


[Sound of outside--open space, cars, people walking and talking.]

 


 

© 2017 Calculus


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on June 5, 2016
Last Updated on July 27, 2017