The Key (Naani Form)

The Key (Naani Form)

A Poem by cynthiabuhainbaello




Forgiveness is the key

That unlocks the door

Shut closed by Anger,

So that  Love's rays can come in...and heal.





Copyright ~~~Cynthia Buhain Baello~~~~04.15.13

*A "Naanipoem has 4 lines with 25 syllables ,  on any topic.


NAANI POEMS

Naani is one of India’s' most popular Telugu poems.

Naani means an expression of one and all.


It consists of 4 lines, the total lines consists of 20 to 25 syllables.

The poem is not bounded to a particular subject.


Generally it depends upon human relations and current statements.

This poetry was introduced by one of the renowned Telugu poets Dr. N.Gopi,
presently working as vice-chancellor to Telugu University, Andhra Pradesh.


EXAMPLE: MIDNIGHT


My days may be hot,
my nights may be cold,
but I still have the blessing . . .
of growing old.


Write a Naani: try one, they are easy so experiment, they can be fun, and they are not restricting. The one above has 21 syllables. Have fun with your words as that is what Poetry is suppose to be about. Play, invent, create, and remember your poems are not set in stone; you can revise at any time. Even make several Form Poems from your first idea. Then chain several together for a Naani Medley.


(SOURCE: www.examiner.com/articles)

© 2013 cynthiabuhainbaello


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I personally don't like the comma in the third line or the ellipses in the fourth. I think it's too artificial of a way to control the pacing - it would be more aesthetically pleasing on the page without them and I think it would look simpler and more refined as well, but that's just my opinion. Topic is a little generic, but what isn't with these shorter forms? You've kept things interesting and your metaphor is solid. Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow such a positive words painted in a few lines, really an amazing job here. Mam C what is the format of Naani?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Sorry I call Ms. Thia because Cynthia is too long :)
cynthiabuhainbaello

11 Years Ago

Thanks again - you can call me Ate Cyn or Tita Cyn as I am senior (64 years old) -take care and keep.. read more
Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

Ate Cyn na lang :) ikaw din take care, ate sigue salamat.
Thank you Trigorin for your comment. I respect your preferences with regard to punctuations, but I have always used them in my Naani poems ("Infidelity") not for an artificial control of pacing or the any other reasons, it is just my own style. I have never written to manipulate readers' emotions but to express a thought the way I want to say it, and the reader may read something in it based on his own view. The fact that it touches a reader in a way is good enough for me - and I choose topics whether generic, common, superficial ("Lessons From a Frog") or mundane. It depends on the reader's perception and I do not dictate it, I just write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I personally don't like the comma in the third line or the ellipses in the fourth. I think it's too artificial of a way to control the pacing - it would be more aesthetically pleasing on the page without them and I think it would look simpler and more refined as well, but that's just my opinion. Topic is a little generic, but what isn't with these shorter forms? You've kept things interesting and your metaphor is solid. Good work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 16, 2013
Last Updated on April 17, 2013

Author

cynthiabuhainbaello
cynthiabuhainbaello

Tarlac, North, Philippines



About
I just write poetry and enjoy it. I also write essays and short stories (posted in another site). Thank you for taking time to view my page and my writings and I appreciate all who read and leave a.. more..

Writing