Dear Client.

Dear Client.

A Poem by CeeCee

DEAR CLIENT- by Courtenay The Caregiver.

Dear Client,

Today I found out we will be meeting each other soon. I know a bit about your history, but I can't wait to know who you are as a person.

Dear Client,

You met me today, you don't trust me yet, and that's okay. In time.

Dear Client,

You stumbled today and I caught your fall. I think you may trust me now. I am so happy!

Dear Client,

We painted together, you and I. You smiled for the first time. You liked your artwork. I smiled also, because your smile is my artwork, and it was beautiful.

Dear Client,

Today you told me not to leave. That's the last thing I wanted to do. But I will be back soon I promise.

Dear Client,

You sang today to a song I have never heard. You told me the Title and Artist. I will memorize the lyrics and we will sing it together soon.

Dear Client,

I met your family today. What wonderful people. I saw the tear you shed when they left to go home. I took your hand and said "I am sorry your family has left to go home. They will return to you soon." You said "Not all my family has gone" and squeezed.

Dear Client,

You wanted to know about me and my furture. You said, "I think you found your calling" I said, "I think you're right"

Dear Client,

You didn't have much to eat today. So I made you your favorite meal just to entice you...no luck. I am concerned.

Dear Client,

You can't hear your favorite songs anymore, so I tap the beat on your palm and wave your hand to the melody and you smile, you recognize it.

Dear Client,

We took a stroll together through the park and around the bend, through the leaves to where to road ends. I said "let's head home now, we'll be safe and sound." I am so proud of you - using your walker, for when I first met you you were wheelchair bound.

Dear Client,

Today I started reading a book to you, we sang and walked, we sipped tea, and talked. Today was a great day! I drove home with a smile. I knew I would see you again in just a short while.

Dear Client,

Today we didn't sip tea, sing walk or talk. You are not ok. I am not ok.

Dear Client,

You are sleeping today. You won't get up. Doctor says, it's not long now, you don't have much time. I call up the family they arrive on a dime.

Dear Client,

I took your hand and tapped a beat. I saw you wiggle your feet and smirk. You're still here. Now I don't want you to leave.

Dear Client,

I finished reading the book to you today. I hoped you liked it. It had a happy ending. I wish my adventure with you was going to end the same way. But I walked to the door and let out a sigh, and for the first time, I said Good Bye.

Dear Client,

I was told that your heart stopped and you woke up in Heaven. I don't know what to think- I don't know what to do. Though when your heart stopped- mine may have too. But I have to keep going, I must help others. I must protect others from falling, remember it's my calling. I must carry on, help others in need. For that is my mission, that is my creed.
I miss you.

Dear Client,

Today I found out we will be meeting each other soon. I know a bit about your history, but I can't wait to know who you are as a person.

© 2018 CeeCee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on September 26, 2018
Last Updated on September 26, 2018

Author

CeeCee
CeeCee

Canada