Sleepless Nights

Sleepless Nights

A Poem by CreativeCookie
"

This is a collection of three Hikus.

"

Thoughts swirl through my head

Faster than a rushing stream

It's current takes none

 

Worries flood my heart

It's icy fingers sink deep

Fear is my shadow

 

I search for escape

From another sleepless night

Sleep is out of reach

 

© 2012 CreativeCookie


Author's Note

CreativeCookie
It's a realist's kind of poem. I don't write this kind of thing alot, but I like to try and relate to others feelings and experiences. Perhaps this will strike a chord with you. I hope you'll like it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's again a nice piece, here i compared myself with your first stanza, because i even ever used to swirl some thoughts in my mind....lol...to make new versions and offcourse to raise my skills.....hahah :)
you know what, i liked and enjoyed this piece, i figured one thing in writings that you love to write/make short poems, and it'd b strange but i really love to read short, because the depth of poem, the meanin' of poem's shortness' with strengthness of each word....

i liked this one
Worries flood my heart
It's icy fingers sink deep
Fear is my shadow
sorry, but in this stanza i won't like to compare myself with this but i'd love to compare you here with this stanza because i think you got some fears of shadows of dark...........lol, hahaha :)

hey, wait...i got something, since a week ago, it was i think 02:30 .AM there and i went to the kitchen to have some water...i was in my white wears and in my kitchen there's mirrors of black color that reflects our shadow in dark nights....and as i did open my freeze and looked back .......i scared by myself, from my own shadow when looked at my black mirrors.....lol......*ahhh...fine, you can laugh on me*, but that doesn't mean i really worry much from my shadow.....that was just an incident...lol....ahahah........

you memorized my that past week by your this piece.....
well written, yu got me again, this time i wanna give you my *hug*, hope yu'll give me back, because i can't hug alone myself....lol...hahah :)

well penned :)
great write
have this 200 / 100 :)

take care...........!!


Posted 10 Years Ago


CreativeCookie

10 Years Ago

Okay, I'll admit, I did laugh at that little incident of yours. And, yes, I'm not all that fond of t.. read more
Sleeplessness I know, and you have captured it perfectly. Thoughts, worries, fear, these all have the making of a night that is full of tosses and turns. I can definitely relate and I am sure many others will too. Nicely done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


For something that you dont write with a lot, you did a wonderful job. Each Haiku opened up and gave way for the next; Joining together perfectly.

Brilliant work.

~Vin

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 17, 2012

Author

CreativeCookie
CreativeCookie

Tuscaloosa, AL



About
I love to write, read, sing, and act. I write all kinds of things songs, poems, stories all that kind of thing in all different genres. I mostly do fantasy, though, it's my favorite! Someday I hope to.. more..

Writing
Stop Stop

A Poem by CreativeCookie