An Afternoon Sail (And Splash)

An Afternoon Sail (And Splash)

A Story by CreativeCookie
"

A monolouge about a Sunday outing.

"
       It was a Sunday morning, outside the chapel, that he asked to take me for a row down the stream. Of course, he was such a dapper gentleman, I just had to say yes, it was only polite (Though Mother and Grandmama think his sparkling eyes hypnotized me into agreeing, I rather think so as well. Father and Marie, my sister, think I just had a fancy for him.) We set out in the skiff, my dearest John and I. About half-way down the stream he pulls the boat aside. Of course, like any prudent young lady, I inquired as to why we had stopped. He tells me that, despite the fact he had simply invited me for a boat ride, he wished to treat me to a picnic lunch. Well, how was I to refuse? We had a splendid lunch, he was nothing but a gentleman. Afterwards, we got back in the skiff and sailed a while more, chatting pleasantly along the way. When we docked, we were alone, but I thought nothing of it at the time, who would? He handed me out of the skiff after tying it off securely. He looks around as if searching for something, of course, I inquire as to what he searched for. He replies by motioning me closer. I, of couse, thinking he didn't wish to reply in a loud voice, come closer. Well, what do you think he does but up and kisses me! Well, let's just say it was a lovely afternoon sail, that ended with him falling into the river with a extremely satisfying splash.

© 2013 CreativeCookie


Author's Note

CreativeCookie
This is a monolouge I came up with for fun. If you didn't get it, here's a quick rundown: This is a story being told about what we would call a first date back when they were outings and girls always wore dresses and lace and such. The boy takes her on a row down the river, takes her for a picnic, being extremely gentlemanly the whole while. When they get back, they're alone. Back then you did NOT kiss people on a first date, or second, or third, and so on, until you had their dad's permission. Well, he kisses her, and she shoves him into the river. Hope it's entertaining or comes in handy. I don't mind if anyone uses it, I know how hard it is to find monolouges.
Love,
CreativeCookie

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Omg I loved the ending. I thought this was going to be a dark story and he was going to kill her but boy was I wrong. This was brilliant and I loved reading this great job Creative Cookie, ^-^

Posted 7 Years Ago


AWWWWW HOW CUTE! But that ending! *o* I love the ending! "Alright, child, now into the water you go." *push* LOL I love this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Quite a sweet, entertaining little tale. (Maybe a bit mischievous, too?) It's my guess that the fellow thought the price he paid for the kiss wasn't a bit too high.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love this:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The ending was very unexpected however I enjoyed this. Great job!


Posted 11 Years Ago


A nice little writing, with an unexpected ending. It was a fun read, and look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 2, 2013
Last Updated on March 2, 2013

Author

CreativeCookie
CreativeCookie

Tuscaloosa, AL



About
I love to write, read, sing, and act. I write all kinds of things songs, poems, stories all that kind of thing in all different genres. I mostly do fantasy, though, it's my favorite! Someday I hope to.. more..

Writing
Stop Stop

A Poem by CreativeCookie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hollywood. Hollywood.

A Poem by s y e


Stiletto Stiletto

A Poem by Angi


Funhouse Funhouse

A Poem by Angi