Is Romance in Relationships Still Realistic?

Is Romance in Relationships Still Realistic?

A Story by CEOCaples
"

I hope this is a realistic question, please shed some light on this...

"
Living in a microwave society with tech savvy communication, and a constant increase of online daters is giving romance a back seat on the dating scene. For men in general, romance has become a matter of interpretation and the things men used to do (flowers, dinner, movie, etc…) seems all but the past. Of course these may be some obvious reasons that romance appears to fading away but defiantly not all and probably not the main reasons. What seems to become more visible is a shortage of ambitious men with professional clout. This factor alone is making today’s women do more than usual to land a good prospect. Competition among women to have the “prize” man has placed our striving males on a heightened pedestal. Men who have the three essentials (job, car, and house) Now-A-Days have inflated egos while at the same time decreasing the effort it once took to get and obtain the classy lady. Guys who consciously know that they could provide the most attractive thing for a woman “stability”, and knowing he’s “that guy”, in which he uses it to his advantage. So with the shortage of available men that meet the check list of desirable women, the dating scene has become “do what I gotta do to make this work Boo”. Today’s single men have become mucho men, having an intensive collection of girlfriends or text buddies. More so, for men, a relationship may be presented, but it’s the sex he’s really seeking. With this narrow view, there seems to be this perception that the picking of the litter is very slim. This factor add more pressure on a woman to land a quality mate, she now must continue to improve herself to compete for a man of quality. Women are going above and beyond to look good and to make them-selves seem as desirable as possible. Men never pause to think about the financial burden that women place upon them-selves to improve their physical appearance: a gym membership, clothing, salon visits, teeth whitening, cosmetics, expensive weaves and surgery and this isn’t cheap. Basically, women want to live the plot of any romantic comedy movie or romance novel, and who could blame them, they’re working for it. So I’m back to where the issue of romance resurfaces. At this point we could use general economics (Supply vs. Demand) or general math (Plenty Women- Limited Men) and it becomes a rivalry for the keeper of a good man. Examining these factors has placed men in the driving seat, and usually women yield to their requests. Men seek sex, and although women would like to preserve them-selves, many fall victim of having sex very early in the relationship. When this happens, the sex will gradually increase and the romance will gradually decrease. The things that were done to get her will slowly eradicate. I tend to question have women stepped their standards down from the days of old; the days where men pursued them, the days where men placed them on the pedestal, the days where men fought to prove their love, the days where men showered women with gifts for just being a good women?

Women Now-A-Days don’t necessarily seek a guy because she want to have sex, but it appears they just don’t want to be single again or they want to have a little more time to see if he’s a keeper. And these days, it seems that the ‘sex’ date is number two or three �" a far cry from the courting days of 1990’s when chivalry was in style .What does this all mean? Well, basically, in today’s dating scene, romance has been pushed to the side. Women tend not to display it, and usually it’s because the men they are meeting don’t care about romance at all. Men aren’t displaying it because women don’t expect them to �" or at least that’s how it seems. For guys reading this, I’d advise you to use romance because you might seem like a very good catch to prospective mates, and you’ll stand out as being different, but in a good way.

Thanks for reading,

Derrick (CEO) Caples

© 2016 CEOCaples


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I live in Norway House, its a tribal society up here in Norway House with my brothers, we don't have romance we just have auctions and boxes of beer on the weekends and bottles of whisky on the holidays, the Norway House native with the most wampum usually goes home with the dirtiest muck lucks,

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 20, 2016
Last Updated on December 20, 2016
Tags: relationship, dating, marriage, history, America

Author

CEOCaples
CEOCaples

Gautier, MS



About
High School Educator-History “The best moments in reading are when you come across something – a thought, a feeling, a way of looking at things – which you had thought special an.. more..

Writing