Summer 78

Summer 78

A Story by CJ43223
"

I got inspired by the song Summer 78-Yann Tiersen

"
The curtain could not block the warm sun shining through the room, though it was just a line, a very straight line. It was not sufficient enough for the man, whose eyes were to maintain its minimal exposure.

The room was dark and it always was; however, no one cared to fix the light.

It was a poverty area that far, far away from the capital and the streets were quiet after the horrible war. This summer felt like almost passing with time very slowly, dully than last year, the man thought. Though his heart was functional, they were empty as if motionless.

As he tried to move closer to the light spot to satisfy his desperation, the clanking sound of the chains that locked on his foots bonded with the leg of a single bed. The sounds had become louder and louder and he hated it. He then struggled but nothing had happened except his foot's ankles were getting red. Wrinkled skins were coming off.

"GOD DAMN IT!" The man yelled hysterically.

The idea of wanting to get out of that room had consumed all of his energy eventually as its expressed on his dull, wrinkled face. But again, nobody cared and the warm sun was still shining outside.

© 2018 CJ43223


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on September 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 25, 2018
Tags: Yann Tiersen, summer

Author

CJ43223
CJ43223

Writing
Present Present

A Poem by CJ43223


Stillness Stillness

A Poem by CJ43223