Imagine the Following

Imagine the Following

A Story by CK_85

Imagine the following:

Two boys are playing multiplayer CoD at midnight. One of the boys kills the other in the game, prompting the newly deceased to give a push of friendship to the murderer. The hitman laughs and gives his friend a friendly push back. Escalating it, the other boy drops the controller and pushes back with two hands. The friendly pushing match turns into friendly wrestling. The boy who got killed pins the other to the ground, counting to 5 out loud. After 5 sounds, he realizes that the other didn’t fight back. A moment of still silence gives way to their first kiss.

 

Imagine the following:

A soldier who’s been suffering from severe PTSD recently acquired a severe case of Parkinson’s disease. He goes over to one of his old platoon member’s house. He moved to his state because he didn’t see a point in going back to his hometown. After a solid 30 minutes of sympathetic talking, the other soldier decided that some desserts might temporarily lift his spirits. He brings out a plate of sugar cookies, in which the soldier in question takes two with shaky hands and consumes them, and only them, as he knows he still has to pass his physical fitness tests in a month or so. After 30 more minutes, he notices that not only are his hands stiller than a statue, but also that he’s no longer getting flashbacks prompted by his PTSD. His blood brother admits that they’re laced, and for the next four hours, he finally feels normal again.

 

Imagine the following:

A successful middle-class woman is very unsatisfied with her life. After getting cheated on by her husband, she filed for divorce. Now with no kids, no husband, and no time for friends, she’s completely alone. Though she’s tried to fill her life with meaning through hobbies, she dropped them all after two weeks. Pushed to the brink, she finds herself standing on the metal supports at the edge of the Golden Gate Bridge. With a note taped next to her, she jumps from the ledge. She comes to in a hospital with nobody in sight, yet everybody in mind.

 

Imagine the following:

A wife of a professor is reading the newest New York Time’s Best Seller. Her gripping story is interrupted by a suspicion that something is off. She checks each window, and makes sure that each door is locked. She always was a little paranoid. Her nerves rested as her eyes rested back on the pages. After a calm minute of reading, she stands up stiff when she hears the sounds of glass breaking. She pulls the Glock 17 out from under the couch and meanders upstairs to investigate. The still, black night was illuminated by the sound and colors of the police sirens.

© 2017 CK_85


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on February 21, 2017
Last Updated on February 21, 2017
Tags: Political

Author

CK_85
CK_85

Buffalo, NY



About
I write stories, unorthodox snippets of prose, as well as hip-hop lyrics. more..

Writing
Love & Hate Love & Hate

A Poem by CK_85