Blush

Blush

A Poem by Christopher Bacon
"

The life that you could only dream of having.

"
I wake up to the sound of birds chirping by my window, and the warm sunlight piercing through the blinds and impairing my vision temporarily. Next to me is a beautiful young Filipino woman, covered in the scent of an unforgettable fragrance. She wakes from out of her sleep and smiles at the sight of me staring at her. I smile back, admiring her beauty. Just the sight of her assures a human being that he is indeed living a great life. I am lucky to have her, she is happy to have me. My heart began to beat faster at the thought of her being in the same bed as me. Her body was flawless, not one scratch or bit of imperfection. She was what I have always wanted in a woman. I sigh before blushing, hoping that this moment would never end.

I stood out of bed to look into the nearby mirror, and I was pleased with my reflection and hers as well. We looked good together. I couldn’t help but to smile, and I couldn’t hide it. She smiled back, we then shared a soft laugh at the sight of our nude reflections in the mirror.

The alarm clock sounded off at exactly seven in the morning. My favorite song served as the soundtrack to this beautiful moment. The Everly Brothers sing it so perfectly. I turned away from my reflection to look into her seductive hazel brown eyes. I could be anywhere in the world, but I’d rather be here, with her, for the rest of my life. We were so deep in love with each other. Life couldn’t be any better.

I slipped back into bed to lay next to her. We must’ve spent ten minutes looking at each other without saying a single word. Finally, as the song was coming to a close, we both began to close our eyes and lean forward, anticipating a soft and amazing kiss to end the soundtrack of this very moment.

Then…

The alarm sounded off at exactly Seven in the morning. I awakened from my dream and was re-introduced to harsh reality. My dreams are so cruel.

© 2012 Christopher L. Bacon

© 2012 Christopher Bacon


Author's Note

Christopher Bacon
ignore any grammar problems, this was a free-writing effort.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ahhh harsh reality, dreams are the heart's pantomime. How about Caliban's line in Shakespeare's the Tempest, 'when I woke I cried to dream again.' I'l admit when reading your caption the song that involuntarily popped into my head went, 'Get out of my dreams and into my...' alarm clock. We need more writing like this. Your expression is sophisticated, whimsical, playful. There is pure feeling for the immaculate detail you convey. Dreams are a reminder perhaps of that state we experience but cannot fully inhabit in life... just yet. The last line and repetition really balances everything with a gentle touch of humour, but also pain.

Posted 11 Years Ago


You definitely have a knack for expression. I look forward to reading more of your work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Not cruel, what you want. And your brain gives you in your sleep what life doesnt when your awake.
Vivid, lovely writing, overall I liked it. Keep it up =)

Posted 12 Years Ago


very detailed and such vivid imagery. You write very well. Love the emotions. Awesome job writing here.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 23, 2012
Last Updated on February 23, 2012
Tags: experimental, flash fiction, free writing

Author

Christopher Bacon
Christopher Bacon

Washington, DC



About
Fiction writer, screenwriter, director, film editor and part-time cynical b*****d. I enjoy reading, experimental and stream of consciousness writing, collaborating with other unpublished writers fo.. more..

Writing