Fellow locusts...

Fellow locusts...

A Story by Jawn Smiss
"

nothing about something being actually nothing

"
What is it that makes us? Remember the question, because we already have all the answers. We need more questions... rather, we need questions that have meaning.

We, as a race... we've discovered, at least during my life time, we've discovered the all uniting Internet, we have apps, we have gadgets, we have gyroscopic sensors, we know how many steps we're taking each day and what we should buy, what to wear this season and who's successful or not and why they're splitting up with that other important person... 

The above paragraph is some kind of meaningful, but shallow, random stuff to say before someone tries to influence you into believing some stuff they want you to believe. It's what motivational speakers try to sell you. They're selling the dream. I'm not about that.

We have algorithms predicting everything and companies that use them in order to better know what we want to buy. We buy stuff and those very statistics machines gain even more knowledge about what we want. It's a cycle. It's a never-ending wheel of deception that we, all of us, are taking turns at pushing down a hill. We are the ones that created the machine to begin with. We are the ones using it on ourselves. We are building more and more each day.

Again, don't buy into this. I'm a victim of my own experience. As writers unconsciously copy other writers' styles, so do people express themselves in a way they know and feel it may serve their argument.

I'm not going to speak about the degrading world out there. How we're parasites, how we're detroying this planet, how we're egomaniacs and that money and fame is an illusion. That's trivial. It's so used as a conversational piece, that it has become a joke. This is not to say that over-exposure is bad. Over-exposure is progress, it makes something tabu the norm. And what is normal, anyway? This could branch out in a million different topics.

I don't even know what I'm writing about. Let's get back to (our version of) normal. fellow locusts.

© 2016 Jawn Smiss


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on July 12, 2016
Last Updated on July 12, 2016

Author

Jawn Smiss
Jawn Smiss

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Jawn Smiss


10 10

A Chapter by Jawn Smiss


11 11

A Chapter by Jawn Smiss