Unwitting Satire

Unwitting Satire

A Poem by C. Mclaren
"

I had no idea how to say it other then how I've said it here. The issue makes my blood boil and this is how I voiced my point.

"

U

On the subject of spotting “untruths” in the world of “the arts”, I say the following...

 

I know there’s a saying that “it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove any doubt”, however I think some times call for you to be the only fool willing to stand up and shout out the honest truth.

 

The meaning being; It’s better to be considered foolish than to commit yourself to a lie. Sometimes being called “a fool” is worth the risk.

 

Better to risk losing one’s head, than it is to fill it with nonsense and nod in accord with the emperor when he presents his new clothes.

 

Nobler to take a slap in the face, than a pat on the a*s.

 

Greater honor in wearing the title of “The Jackass”, than in that of “The Liar”.

 

Expose the unwitting and do it with satire.

And in that you’ll find the glorious joke in that which made our species broke.

 

We have robbed ourselves of our own intelligence, and now we stand as the naked proud ignoramus. Waiting for satire shotguns to come claim us.

 

Break free the shackles that ensnare your minds,

And lace jackboots to deliver swift kicks of what they classify as “fascist” and what we know as “standard’s justice” to the necks of those who wipe the word “Art” against their behinds.

 

Do it now and often,

Before our precious world of art becomes baptized

In what sprouts forth from their backsides.

 

This is what I say to the “fake” and the “posed”, who parade themselves as equal to the “real” and the “gifted”.

 

And if they’re out there reading my words without care, then **** ‘em, it wasn’t for their entertainment that I wrote what I said here. 

 

-         C. [The UnSub]

November 2011 

© 2011 C. Mclaren


Author's Note

C. Mclaren
Ignore grammar problems, I had not idea how to make this pretty so I'm just leaving as it is. Just tell me what you think of what I'm saying and if you get where I'm coming from.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
Added on November 29, 2011
Last Updated on November 29, 2011

Author

C. Mclaren
C. Mclaren

Barbados



About
These books of poems, songs or whatever it is I write have gotten fairly good reviews so far from the persons across the world I've shared them with. Some of my writings are dark, some give light and .. more..

Writing