Queen, or just another pawn?

Queen, or just another pawn?

A Story by Ammi
"

Snippet from a story I started a while ago. Not very good *shrugs*

"
"Because the world's not black and white, you moron." She snarled, "You lot are making me into a hero when I'm not! I'm just as despicable as the rest of the rabble, perhaps even more so for no other reason than people expect something different, something better! <villain> here accepts that he's playing the 'villain' and gets to act it, but I assure you he's got his redeeming qualities. As for me, pretending is too much effort really. What's the point? Why? Why! Why should I even freaking care? It's not like you care about me, any of you! If you got to play the game, take my stupid place as queen on the stupid chessboard you think this is, would you even hesitate? Would you even care what happened to me? No! Of course you wouldn't. You hate me, go on. Admit it. I've known for a while. You practically shout it every day."

"And I'm tired of the bullshit- Thank you for letting me monologue, by the way- I'm just sick of it. What makes me so much better than him?"

© 2012 Ammi


Author's Note

Ammi
I'm not sure how interesting this will be but I was poking around my old writing and found a snippet of dialogue from one of the novels I tried to write. Incomplete, unedited, I haven't even named all the characters but I figured I might as well post something. I'm considering starting to write regularly again.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 13, 2012
Tags: old, monologue, bad writing, rant

Author

Ammi
Ammi

TX



About
Hi! I'm an artist, currently working on illustrating superhero stories written by LOfCharlemagne and TrueHenry, be sure to check them out! :] more..