A Night Of Passion

A Night Of Passion

A Story by Caity
"

This could be purely taken from the imagination, or it could be a real story. You decide.

"
It all began as just two strangers talking, not about anything in particular, just anything to keep the conversation going really. It was awkward to say the least at first, and even though you're naturally a man of very few words, that side of you had me intrigued, so I persisted the banter. Even though I'm not one to usually be so confident conversing with people, I stepped up my game this time. Why? I'm still not entirely sure. Nevertheless, it worked and you also came out of your box a little, saying more with less words. 

You were no Calvin Klein model, by any means, but you didn't need to be. As soon as I saw you in person your smile was the first thing to have me hooked. I drank all of you in in the short few hours we spent together. The glimmer in your eye from the TV when you looked in my direction. Your height for some reason had me immensely attracted to you. 6'2, the perfect stretch for a girl of my stature, 5'6. Your stubble was perfect, it suited you so, so well. Not making you look like a lumber jack or anything along those lines, but giving you that edge that could make any girl weak at the knees in the right circumstances. Your laugh, oh boy that laugh. I couldn't help but genuinely laugh along with you, and that is something that is extremely rare for me around new people. 
I remember just sitting on your bed with you, simply staring at the TV, not completely paying attention to what was on. More looking straight ahead so I wouldn't turn your way and stare at you uncontrollably; when all of a sudden I hear you nervously say, more to yourself than me I think, "I hope this doesn't make things awkward, but".....and then you leaned over to me and you kissed me, resting your handing softly on my cheek, all in one swoop. The whole time leading up to that I was longing for you to do just that, and I was taken aback when it actually happened. You pulled your lips back but kept your forehead rested against mine, our eyes locked and you noticed before I did that I was smiling from ear to ear and you did the same before asking me, "What's wrong? Is this awkward now?", "No, no, not at al!" I replied.
It all progressed from there, but it wasn't just fast and rushed. It was slow, we took our time, and the passion was there.  You were gentle and were sure not to hurt me, I appreciated that more than you'll know. We couldn't stop kissing, it was like our lips were magnets drawn together with more force than either of us could handle. My hands ran through your short, brown, stiff hair and your fingers intertwined in my long, curly, brown hair. 
From what I can recall, it wasn't anything super romantic. For either of us. I don't believe it was that kind of sex. I feel like, and from my perspective, it was just two consenting adults with needs, who felt close and comfortable enough in each others company to be intimate in that way. Even if it was only the first time meeting one another. We haven't lost contact, it isn't awkward or weird. Neither of us have confessed any underlining feelings or issues with what happened. We have remained friends, and that is perfect to me. If it happens again in the future, then great. If not, that's great too. We've both gained a friend in a place that is new for the both of us, and that's all we could really ask, right? 
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having one night stand or a 'friends with benefits'. As long as you are safe and both consent, then why not? Life is about experimenting, finding your limits, going beyond those limits in some cases, learning and living. Live it while you can! Or all the best years will be gone with the snap of your fingers! 

© 2015 Caity


Author's Note

Caity
If anyone has any feedback or comments, I'd love to hear them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Caity: My initial impression is that by "telling" the story instead of "showing" it, you've diluted its power; it's certainly what I do all the time in my own writing. One thing that has helped me is that people consistently remind me to pay attention to the five senses. In writing about a not-so-steamy one night stand that leads ultimately to a friendship, there are many opportunities to appeal to the reader's senses. Also, if you interject some dialog, the piece would take on more life and the characters would come alive. The last paragraph seemed to summarize the main character's philosophy and I wonder if that would have more power if you showed that in a scene -- perhaps after they've made love, a morning after conversation or a phone call between them or the next time they meet in a bar, whatever. Otherwise, it felt a bit preachy. And maybe that's ok, but I think most readers like to form their opinions themselves albeit they may be led there by a skillful author. Certainly you've made a good effort and with some polish and expansion, I think you'll have a really good story. Having said all of that, I hope you will see my comments as helpful and constructive. Certainly that is my intent. Whatever doesn't pass your sniff test, toss in the wastebin.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Added on July 19, 2015
Last Updated on July 19, 2015
Tags: Passion, Romance, Lust, Friends, One, Night, Stand

Author

Caity
Caity

Brsbane, Caboolture, Australia



About
21 years you, Brisbane, enigmatic, big dreamer and keen to get my words and stories out! :) more..

Writing