5 Effective Garage Door Maintenance Tips – Garage Door Repair Calgary

5 Effective Garage Door Maintenance Tips – Garage Door Repair Calgary

A Story by Garage Door Repair Calgary
"

Gulliver Garage Doors Ltd is a leading garage door repair service provider in Calgary. Contact us today to know more about us.

"
Your garage door is an important moving part of your home. It is liable for the protection of your home and car from the elements. This way it is an important part of your home’s upkeep. Garage door repair Calgary experts have suggested a few effective tips that can help you maintain the pristine condition of your garage door.

Look and Listen

Carefully listen and observe your garage door, it is a good idea to do a full inspection. When you close or open the door, observe and inspect all of the hardware. If you find loose rollers, bolts, tighten them up. Inspect your garage door’s rollers for any wear and tear. Aged rollers must be replaced as soon as possible to avoid any expensive repair costs down the line.

Clean and Lubricate Your Rollers

If the door is creating weird or strange noise due to the rollers, clean them properly and remove all the dirt and debris. Once they are clean, you can use a good quality lubricant. Adding oil lubricant, such as 10W30 will help the rollers perform smoothly. You can also lubricate the other moving parts of the door.

Replace Weather Sealant

Weather sealant is vital to make your door energy-efficient. It is attached to the bottom of your garage door and help in keeping the pests, dust and water out. Check the sealant for any crack or split, if it is so, replace them as soon as possible.

Safety Check

Garage door installation and maintenance is the major activity that will ensure the safety of your home. Make sure you check the safety features of your door. Check the auto reverse function. Your garage door must stop and reverse after finding an object in its pathway. If it doesn't stop, get it fixed by a professional garage door technician in Calgary.

Keep it Clean

It is very important to keep your garage door clean to deter rust from setting in. Use dish soap or a gentle detergent with some warm water, to wash your door. Use a power washer to rinse off the soap and then let the door dry. Once it is dry, you can also apply a layer of car wax to the door.

By performing regular garage door maintenance, you can avoid costly repairs down the line. If you are in need of a professional garage door technician, then contact Gulliver Garage Doors Ltd in Calgary. Our garage door repair Calgary experts are skilled to handle any make and model of garage door. For more info visit us:

© 2015 Garage Door Repair Calgary


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5


Author

Garage Door Repair Calgary
Garage Door Repair Calgary

Calgary, AB, Canada



About
Gulliver Garage Doors Ltd is a leading garage door repair, sales, installation, openers, parts, replacement & maintenance service provider in Calgary. Our professional technicians are very experienced.. more..

Writing