Daddy, don't leave me!

Daddy, don't leave me!

A Poem by CallisttoMG
"

To teenage girls who are getting older but still need the love of their fathers.

"
Daddy, it's been such a long time since the last time you picked me up, into your arms, where I always felt the most safe. 
I'm a big girl now daddy. Too big for you to carry around on your shoulders, or tuck in to sleep at night. I know it seems your little girl is gone, but she's not!
 Daddy I'm still here daddy. And I still need you. I always will. I don't play with Barbies and coloring books anymore, they've been replaced with make-up and jewlery. Crayons have been replaced with nailpolish.
 Those cute little poems and pictures that I used to make for you in Kindergarten have been replaced with highschool and hard work. Fairy-tales to diarys, the park to the mall. It's all changing. 
Remember those Heelys shoes that you bought me cause I wouldn't stop nagging you about them? I don't want them anymore. I'd rather have a date with that special boy. Oh I hope you like him! He treats me like a princess! Just like you did when I was little! 
Everything's being replaced. But daddy, I'm scared..everythings being replaced, I don't want you to be replaced! I need you daddy! Please don't go. Don't leave me. Daddy I love you. I need you. Daddy I'm growing up. But I'll always be your princess, so daddy please, please, please don't go.
Because I still need you, now and always.

© 2015 CallisttoMG


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on May 21, 2015
Last Updated on May 21, 2015

Author

CallisttoMG
CallisttoMG

MA



About
I love reading, writing, singing, and music. I enjoy writing poetry, and sometimes write song lyrics. I'm different but who's to say everyone's the same? more..

Writing
To women To women

A Poem by CallisttoMG