Lonely People

Lonely People

A Story by The Poet of Black Wings

We’re all lonely people, here in Devia city. 
No one quite knows where this place came from or even why it was, like us, all alone with no one within its walls. When we got here there was nothing except for the city itself, not even so much as a speck of dirt. No signs of life, no sign of culture or traces of the people who were here before. Only empty streets and hollow buildings. The one thing we did find was the name of this place.  Mysterious as it is, it seemed pretty normal, so many people came here to… start anew I suppose. Most of the citizens don’t say much as to why they came, but they came all the same. 
Settling here was slow at first. We needed to see if there were any potential dangers. We didn’t find anything so things picked up.
Everything was more or less going well, settling in this place, all normal and peaceful,  But, a year or so after we settled in this city strange things started to happen and people suddenly started to develop new and fascinating abilities out of nowhere. Not everyone gained these powers, but those that did we tagged as the Vox. It is still quite the mystery where their powers come from, but it only happens in this city. Nowhere else… maybe the city chose them for something? Ha, what am I saying. Devia… is choosing…
 Everything stopped being simple and with each passing day things just got more complicated and insane. 
Scientists, cultists, and their mercenaries swarmed the city. They wanted to know and control these powers and perhaps be as gods. They started to kill or kidnap the citizens in order to further their own cause. Hell they even started to fight each other when they couldn’t agree on what their goal was. Needless to say, it caused massive conflict. The city isn’t a war zone yet, but it might be someday soon if things remain this way…
Tell me, citizen, will you help us or further the chaos within our walls?

© 2014 The Poet of Black Wings


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 9, 2014
Tags: powers, super powers, magic, cult, cultist, religion, civil unrest, science gone to far, colonization, city, discovery, rediscovery

Author

The Poet of Black Wings
The Poet of Black Wings

About
i hope my poems, among other writings, will speak for me. Edit - Full disclosure, if you ask me to read something, I will, and I'll be brutally honest about what I think about it. So, be ready for .. more..

Writing