1966: The Magic Marble Story

1966: The Magic Marble Story

A Story by Ed Camelot
"

A true story of long ago about an unexpected victory

"
1966: THE MAGIC MARBLE STORY
By Ed Camelot

     Well, as was want in those days, us kids at elementary school would engage in various boyish and girlish activities during recess and lunch hour. Often this would be the tiring soccer matches on the field and endless running or even knitting or any other thing to engage in some fun.
Well as the case with some, such as me, I took a fancy to the game of marbles, with the various cats eyes and steelies and marble bags and such, and though not a superb player, could hold my own in a match, having a fairly good eye.
     So I was playing this one rather competitive fellow one lunch hour, who was actually fairly good and having a bit of a tough time with him. The match was preceding as norm, when all of a sudden, i found my self separated from the field of play by a fair distance, in this gravelly pebbling school grounds during that lunch hour. Well the normal course would have been just to try to place my marble, back near the field of play. But alas for some reason i thought, well no, I would go the distance and try to hit his marble from what must have been a good 7 meters away.
     Well really what chance does one have at such a feat even with a good eye?
But there I was, not sure possessed by what, but whooosh ..... off she flies and bang....hits his marble dead on.....well needless to say he is to astonished by such, as to even try to cheat his way out but concedes in disbelief and even anger and comes up to me and hands me all his marbles and says hes giving up the game....because he can't play such a thing where the impossible is possible...or some such....???
     And well I suppose, he is not the only one astonished at this, for as the story spreads, not to many kids wanted to play marbles with me after that.... so ...careful what you wish for or attempt and no ....i have no idea how i pulled that off...it was a sort of one in 10 million shot. But I guess life can be strange at times.

© 2016 Ed Camelot


Author's Note

Ed Camelot
i use the dotted effect as a passage of time device...

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on May 13, 2016
Last Updated on May 13, 2016
Tags: magic marble, true story, unexpected victory

Author

Ed Camelot
Ed Camelot

Alberta, Canada



About
musician writer artist from western canada more..

Writing