James Was A Married Man

James Was A Married Man

A Story by Jerome
"

A series of micro-fiction, Where They Go, #2

"

He was handsome and bright, with a framed college diploma and nice paycheck. All the things a woman desires from a man. He married Jackie when he was 26 and she three years younger than he, and the ceremony was elaborate and wonderful. Hundreds of photos line a photo album, on the highest shelf of the bookcase, all perfectly shot with their smiles and youthful joy. When they exchanged vows, James cried. Jackie said that is what makes him a good husband, because he isn’t afraid to cry.

 

Before James was married, while he and Jackie were still dating, he met a man named David. David was a successful man, with a nice car and a firm body, all the things a woman desires from a man. But James, for the first time in his life, desired that too. They met for drinks, had some beers and talked about golf, the things men do when they drink. The bar closed down, and they walked to David’s condo on the top floor of an expensive high rise. Inside that condo James got naked in David’s California king bed, and they fucked all night.

 

In the morning, David was gone and left a note for James. James folded that note and put it into a small fold in his wallet, where it still sits today. He never told Jackie about David, or anyone else either. The day of his wedding, James cried because he knew that if David came back for him, he wouldn’t be able to go with him. Sometimes when Jackie kisses him, the kind of kiss that is only shared by people who truly love each other, his closed eyes imagine David is there with him.

 

When they open, he is gone again. James will spend his life, forever in love with, and waiting for, David to return to him.

© 2012 Jerome


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Darned good writing. I saw a spot or two where it might be trimmed a bit, but that just might be a matter of personal preference.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012

Author

Jerome
Jerome

Fort Collins, CO



Writing
This, Is Hell This, Is Hell

A Story by Jerome


Edward Towns Edward Towns

A Story by Jerome