Writers Block

Writers Block

A Poem by Lone Willow
"

My perspective on writers block.

"
Writers block is when the voices or friends in your head stop talking to you.

I have voices. As writers, I expect we all do.

I have a British woman who lives inside my head. She tells me great stories, and helps me decide what sounds right and what doesn't. I don't have a name for her, because naming her would be like owning her, and I don't own her. If I did, I would be able to take her with me wherever I go, and I don't, because sometimes she leaves me, and that's when I get writers block.

Although I am lonely and sad when she leaves, I'm not that disappointed. For I know that she's off on her own little adventures, and when she gets back she'll have lots to tell me.

She has gone to Paris, and has fallen in love on New Year's Eve. Sadly she has never seen him again. Recently, she has gone back to England to visit her father who owns a castle, and they had a " quarrel" as she puts it. They didn't leave things off well, and I do hope that they make up soon.

I also have a man in there, living in my head. He helps out when I write things from a boys point of view.

I have my British friend, and my man friend, I also just have my voice. It is my head after all. So while my friends are away, leaving so they have more stuff to tell me. I just have myself. To think about whatever. So everything I write isn't just my friends talking, it's me too.

Regular people of course think I'm crazy. But we are writers! We are all crazy! We see things in a perspective, no regular person can physically see things in. We are all different, unique, and crazy in our own special way. And our friends in our head help shape who we are. So don't get sad when they leave you, because they will be back with lots to share, and lots for you to tell.

© 2014 Lone Willow


Author's Note

Lone Willow
I apologize for any problems!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 1, 2014
Last Updated on January 1, 2014

Author

Lone Willow
Lone Willow

Canada



About
I am a young published author. By "published", I do not mean a novel, but I do hope to be that successful someday. By "published" I mean that I have been published in a local magazine several times. .. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Lone Willow


Stuck Stuck

A Poem by Lone Willow