The 'L' Word

The 'L' Word

A Poem by Carla
"

This isn't exactly a poem, more of a vignette, but it was fun to write.

"

A four letter word, it starts with ‘L’, good luck


It is meant to portray a turned over leaf that happens to land on a lulling lake. A still body of water that holds a lily, preparing to lilt for the autumn. A closed lock finally finding its key. A well-lit lane with only space for two and a single flickering lamp. A hound, in the fullness of time, seeking out an elderly lady willing to take him in. 


A gap that needs to be lept over, but you wouldn’t leap. Instead you left. All that I have lost, seems no less than losing the ability to breathe. A lung of fire and hate. The lies piled up, the loop never broke. You continued to lurk and loom and no matter what, this lair was my doom. I look back and see nothing. Just a lure, a lead, telling me how to live my life. It’s too late.


I stand before you and ask for a four letter word, it starts with ‘L’. But it no longer means anything. There are other four letter words that begin with ‘L’. I don’t need another excuse of a word. So, I stand before you and ask for nothing. I have waited such a lengthy time. And here we are. At long last.

© 2020 Carla


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

On the other hand, he wasn't lewd.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Well kid you done it. That was a love of twisted wreckage witch I truly enjoyed if only you was there when I was in the Third Grade In Hidlgurg Germany. A time long ago. This little twist was so sweet it brought me back to my youth thank you. No we ain't friends on this page but your name intrigued me to take a walk through your mind and for a time you sent me into a spell bound forward glance of my past.

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 28, 2020
Last Updated on March 28, 2020
Tags: love, loss, heartache, heartbreak

Author

Carla
Carla

Australia



About
I'm a normal Australian girl who loves creative writing, specifically poetry. more..

Writing
Kite Kite

A Poem by Carla