Friday, Between the Hours of 9 and 5

Friday, Between the Hours of 9 and 5

A Story by " I Love These Flowing Robes " - Carlton

Call after call filled the day, folks from Jersey asking questions about insurance claims that likely will never be paid.  Funny how he was so adamant about never having insurance because he was so certain that they were the evil that only helped carry away the whole idea of middle class, the opportunity of a comfortable life becoming ever just out of grasp for more and more of us, and here he is sending those sweet folks up the proverbial river.  Even the ones that told him to go f**k himself, assured that he was a f**k-headed-moron, and they were probably right, even those he felt sick over knowing that he would only be pushing buttons to come up with some new, clever excuse to deny their claim and send them in a tail-spin of ever escalating financial horror.  The biggest trouble was that it was all to easy to not care, he had to convince himself that he was sick over their predicament but that feeling lost its grasp exponentially with each passing caller and each fading memory of refusals.  "You can appeal the claim if you feel it was denied in error," the words left his mouth effortlessly and with even less conviction, they wouldn't ever get paid, they were fucked and they knew it, didn't they?  What could he do, the button pusher, to help other than offer up unrealistic options that would only eat up time and forestall the inevitable; he could even see the blank expressions on their faces as the reality of their futile efforts sank in.

© 2009 " I Love These Flowing Robes " - Carlton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

duuude that's friggin scary, well well writ but scary! Dont loose heart, be the tiny cog that gets through the clog in the vein. be sneaky but virtuous, I know you can. please.

Posted 15 Years Ago


yeah i cant believe you work there. i cant believe you left starbucks because of corporate bs and now your an insurance w***e. love you though, really, and i mean that.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 31, 2009

Author

" I Love These Flowing Robes " - Carlton
" I Love These Flowing Robes " - Carlton

Chicago, IL



About
Sitting here all to sober and wishin' upon a star, really the light in the overhang outside my window but its the first one I saw tonight so I'm counting it, and I'm wondering just what it is that I h.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..