Leaving Home

Leaving Home

A Story by Caroline Lawrence
"

I dunnoooooo

"
I've got my bags packed and ready to go. Tonight I'm leaving town. This is it, this is the end of the misery. I don't need this town anymore. It's never needed or wanted me, so why have I clung on to it?
Tonight, it's done. I'm breaking the ties. I'm leaving you behind. I'm sick of the words you mutter as I walk by. I'm sick of the looks you give me. I'm sick of everything here. This town and it's people have never been kind to me. Now, I'm going to be unkind to them.
My truck is idling in the driveway. It's engine is loudly telling me that it's time to go. I pick up my things and walk right out the front door. Past my parents, but they don't care. They never have cared about me.
The road ahead is promising. With every twist and turn I am farther away from that town. The radio is loud and it cancels out all the memories. Memories of high school hell, middle school madness, and elementary enmity. Everything is perfect.
With each passing mile marker I am closer to my destination, my dreams, my new life. I get closer to happiness, joy, a new beginning. New York City, here I come! Art school, new people (people that might be like me!), my own home. I no longer have to live with people I hate, now I can live alone with all the things that bring me happiness.
New life, you look amazing, so don't let me down.


© 2011 Caroline Lawrence


Author's Note

Caroline Lawrence
All criticism is much appreciated! Just don't be a jerk about it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on February 9, 2011
Last Updated on February 9, 2011

Author

Caroline Lawrence
Caroline Lawrence

About
I'm a girl that just wants to get my stuff out there. yaaaa. more..