Path of our Hunger

Path of our Hunger

A Poem by forfila
"

Just thoughts I wrote down, trying to stream out a view in quick time...

"

It seems the unaware stroll so casually, the un learned yet still red handed classes of life, living lives revolving around the continues unfolding of day to day. It is said that "Ignorance is bliss?" Or is bliss just a silent arrogance.
A sheep life has actions so manicured, directed, and turned into an unknowing contribution toward a provenly destined misfortune for entirety.

A call cries from the minds of shadows, a voice that brings light to who dawns, enlightens you that there is a whole self to be found.
The "what once was" and what is returning is revealing you, possibly returning you to the promised rebirth for believers, today  the embryo is taking root in your sense silent core.

The evolution of man has lead humanity into this lonesome crowd we know and detest, turned us into the stage of lost individuality, where the one possible map is the heart. The silenced act to catch attention in manners of shock, what will happen when too much time is lost, the insanity of the ticking clock, like the drip and the drop of a tap that will never stop.

We are being punished for things time has forgotten, this blindness was promised. The five prophets of god all warned of coming vital years, the times for living souls to face judgment, the time to use the freedoms, and the curses of choice.
Our symptoms of a quest for wisdom are visibly seen, they are the pollution and dependance on what dwindles away in our hands.
Now accepted, it has all become too much for Wisdom philosophies to with stand and adapt to support the life housing its power, and fueling its existence and structure.
Self righteous rode a rampant drive through all history, we assume it in the years of life pre literature, the yonder that minds no longer recall. We knowingly portray it in the fight for empires, the wars, the greed, the drive to conquer, and the blood thirst of killers addicted to power. All and each the end of a long trail chosen by our hunger.
Now all the victims rise in pain, raising with them those who walk in humility, those who will live the shame.
We look on now to each other for the answers that don't exist in us, the politics of life are stagnant in direction.
It is becoming more than just "a general feeling" that life is in need of a drastic change.
 
 

© 2008 forfila


Author's Note

forfila
A blunt look upon wider humanity. Please leave opinions =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the unaware stroll so casually - ain't that the truth!
the embryo is taking root - good visualization!
The evolution of man has lead humanity into this lonesome crowd we know and detest, turned us into the stage of lost individuality, - generalization aside, the species has become vulgar to some degree.
that life is in need of a drastic change. - great ending!

Wow. Food for thought..definitely! Good write overall!


Posted 16 Years Ago


Oh this was facinating! A travel through your mind's wandering thoughts. I felt as if i had to continually dance to keep on the stepping stones of your ideas, less i fall off!
This was great. It was like short movie clips from history that flashed by my minds eye in a second, but covered hundreds of years!

I like it truly! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


subtle changes to the story, but the same thought and message behind it...

"ignorance is bliss" is no more....

ty, sweet baby...t a

Posted 16 Years Ago


drastic change indeed...the state of humanity is becoming more and more dehumanized with each passing decade...why is this so? the wars, corruptions, greed and the power struggle for control has made made the world into the bad place it has become.

what has become the norm has been accepted because no one is willing to stand up against it and for what is right. with all the dessention, its a wonder that our children aren't suffering more for the sins of their fathers and farther back.

direction is needed for sure....the path of our hunger has currupted not only our lives but our minds. if this direction can ever be established, them just maybe our lives will be better for it.

this story is one for thought-provoking discussion and heavy thinking. thank you for sharing your thoughts on this subject.

t a, amanda =)

Posted 16 Years Ago


I like blunt! Please don't sugar coat the world conditions. With 5,000 years of written history, I wonder why THIS is the best that humanity could produce - a state of constant war, oppression, and destitution.

How did you derive the number 5 for the prophets? That was my number as well, but it is misleading. I tend to think that the 5 prophets recycled themselves throughout the history books as good environmentalists would tend to do. :) The Quran lists 5 prophets, but that is rarely accepted in Western circles of thought.

I really like the title, "Path of our Hunger." There is much to be said about longing of humanity for something better and our constant failure to reach these goals.

"The evolution of man has lead humanity into this lonesome crowd we know and detest, turned us into the stage of lost individuality, where the one map is the hearts call."

Well said. I was told recently that everything has been said already about the current world situation. I don't think so. Even if what we say is always redundant, it is self-rewarding to hear from others on such matters.

Great write!

-Gabe


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 29, 2008
Last Updated on February 29, 2008

Author

forfila
forfila

Auckland, New Zealand



About
more..

Writing
Yet Yet

A Poem by forfila


The Meantime The Meantime

A Poem by forfila


Great Unkown Great Unkown

A Poem by forfila



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dare Dare

A Poem by Tania Leigh