The Zipper and the Eye

The Zipper and the Eye

A Story by Casey Benish
"

March 2011

"
One afternoon, in the small neighborhood of Royalton, three kids were walking around. Who were those kids?
Well first there was Morgan. She was tough and could handle practically anything that came her way. As well as those qualities, she was very loyal and forgiving.
The second kid was Walter, Morgan's new boyfriend. It had been his idea to walk around the town. Morgan didn't want to, but he had convinced her that it would be fun and a way to spend time together. He just stood beside her and nodded in agreement with every word she said.
The third and final kid was me, Casey Benish. As the third wheel, I just followed behind my friends and looked up from my phone every few minutes to see the two of them silently whispering. It became silent again. I looked down at my phone, sighing quietly. My boyfriend was at baseball so he couldn't hang out today.
"Hey guys, look!" Said Walter. Morgan and I both turned our heads. I caught a glimpse of a yellow house with old white shutters. The window of the bottom floor was broken, but the door was firmly on its hinges.
It was that house. Every town has one. The house that everyone says is haunted. All of them have a unique story too. This one's was depressing. Supposedly, over 200 years ago a woman came into the house to see her husband. With her were her two teenage daughters. The problem was, the woman was home hours after she was supposed to be. The husband got frustrated. He accused her of cheating as he grabbed his gun. He shot her in the head with a single bullet. When the kids wouldn't tell him that their mother was cheating, he shot them too. After that he turned th gun on him selves. Rumor has it the house is still haunted.
"Let's get out if here!" I said.
"You're such a whimp!" Walter said as he grabbed a walk.
"Run!" Morgan yelled as he threw it. I pounced onto the road. I then got back up and continued to run. Morgan and I ran down two more blocks before we stopped. I swung my jacket off quickly and threw it to the ground.
"Owwww!" I heard Morgan yell. Walter ran to join us. Morgan sat down and held her eyeball.
"Hey I just saw something coming. We need to leave now.
"Ummm... Look at your girlfriends eyes dude!" I yelled. A cop car slowly came our way.
"What did you do!" I yelled at Walter. I was about to throw the rock at the house when he started coming." He looked at the cop car, which was getting closer. "So I dropped it and ran." I rolled my eyes and looked back at Morgan as the cop car turned down the road.
"Are you okay?" I asked her.
"Your zipper hit my eye!" She said.
"Okay then come back to your house." Walter said.
"No!" She exclaimed. We still dragged her to her house, resulting in a trip to the ER trip for her. Later that night, Morgan called. I wouldn't stop apologizing long enough for her to tell me nothing was wrong with her eye. I was so happy, and reliefed. At the same time I thought about what couldve happened. The thought made me shudder.
We never went near that house again. Walter said it was going to get us in trouble, Morgan thought it was a jinx, it just creeped me out.

© 2012 Casey Benish


Author's Note

Casey Benish
What did you think about the story line?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on November 25, 2012
Last Updated on November 25, 2012
Tags: Eyes

Author

Casey Benish
Casey Benish

PA



About
I write all the time so I figured I'd start sharing it. I want to b a writer one day more..