The Devil's Daughter

The Devil's Daughter

A Story by Edgar3
"

My name is Angel Salem. One look at me and you wouldn't find anything out of the ordinary, but that's the first look. Take a closer look and you'll realize that I'm the daughter of Satan. But don't ru

"

Satan’s Creation

      Satan watched with glee as the people began scattering. His eyes darted to a man as the general’s tank rolled towards him. The tank hit the man and caused him fall to the ground. A red bubble came from the man and into Satan’s open palm as he awaiting its arrival. What shall I do with you? Satan thought to himself, tossing the bubble between his hands like a ball.

      “Ahh.” Satan said, finally reaching his decision. He tossed the man’s soul, the red bubble, into a little wicker basket not too far away. “That’s one more soul for me.” His red devil’s tail stiffened up as he sensed a presence coming towards him. His horns and tail disappeared as he shape shifted. He stood at 5’5 with blonde hair and green eyes. His new name was William Rutherford. William turned around and saw a redhead with flaring brown eyes.

“I saw you!” She said to him.

      “What do you mean?” Asked William.

      “I saw you shape-shift. You’re Satan!” The woman accused.

      William chuckled and reverted back to his original form. “Alright, you got me.” Satan said, “I prefer Lucifer, but nonetheless, you’re a smart girl. Normally it takes people a few years to figure out who I really am. I’ve only been here for two years, but no one besides you has noticed my hints. I applaud you.” Lucifer began applauding the infuriated woman.

      “Don’t you dare clap!” The woman ordered.

      “Ooh, I see we have a feisty one. I’m gonna enjoy your fiery spirit.” Lucifer blew a red mist in her face, which turned her eyes blood red. “Wha-what did you do to me? Why am I seeing devils everywhere?”

      “Because I sprayed you with the Mist of Enchantment. It does one of two things: slowly warp you into a devil or kill you from the inside out. It does whatever it wants, so I have no control.” Lucifer answered before shrugging his shoulders. “I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Until then,” Lucifer grabbed the woman with one hand while a swirling vortex opened up. “You’re coming with me.” Lucifer jumped through the vortex with the woman and it closed behind them. The two appeared in the other realm. She dropped to her knees and began radiating a red aura.

      “Is-is this where I-I die?” She stammered.

      “Either die or become reborn.” Lucifer answered, walking over to a stone fountain flowing with blood. He grabbed a cup and filled it to the brim. He walked over to the woman, who was still on her knees. “Here.” Said the ruler of the other realm, offering the cup. The woman looked up, her blood red eyes, which were formerly brown, showing pain.

      “What’s this?” She asked.

      “Pure blood. This’ll help the pain pass.”

      The woman looked at him as if trying to see if he was being honest. “Fine,” Lucifer shrugged, turning away from the woman. “If you don’t want to live, then I can’t help you.” The wicker basket from earlier materialized into the room. “Guess I have another soul to add to my collection.”

      “Wait!” The woman said, standing. She then dropped back down to her knees and clutched her heart. “G-give me the blood.” She said, panting. The ruler turned back around and gave her the cup. She quickly gulped the cup down and slammed it down. She then stood and let go of her heart.

Amazed, she said, “I’m fine. I don’t feel any more pain.”

      “Of course you don’t. The blood is absolutely purified… well purified to my standards. Now that you’re a part of my eternal clan, what’s your name oh beautiful devil?”

      “Cassie.” Cassie’s devil horns and tail appeared in a red puff of smoke. “So what now, Lucifer?” Cassie asked, her eyes glinting.

      “You need to get enrolled into-”

      “AHHH!” Yelled out Cassie, dropping to her knees. All of her muscles began stretching, then popping one after the other. “What’s going on Lucifer?” Cassie asked painfully.

      “I guess the Mist decided to kill you off.”

      “But, I’m a devil.”

      “The reaction can sometimes be delayed. Like I said earlier, it does whatever it pleases. I guess your soul is mine now. Goodbye Cassie.” Cassie dropped to the ground, her horns and tail vanishing. The former devil’s soul came up from her lifeless body and came into Satan’s hands. He simply tossed the soul into the wicker basket. “Esteban,” Lucifer beckoned, snapping his fingers. A devil came to his side immediately. “Yes sir?” Esteban asked.

      “Take these souls into the processor. I’m going to Salem.” Said Lucifer, a crazed look in his eyes. Esteban nodded and picked up the basket of souls. He walked off towards the soul processor while a swirling vortex opened. Lucifer stepped through the vortex and into Salem, Massachusetts.

      “1692,” Lucifer said, “As much as I’d love to stay here and do absolutely nothing, I have a job to do. Now all I need is a follower.” He saw a woman walking by and grabbed her. He kissed her and spun her back around, shape shifting behind the stunned woman, whose eyes turned blood red.  She then grew a devil’s tail and a pair horns.

      Lucifer, who was at this time transformed into John Slander, a brown-eyed man, came from behind the woman and yelled, “A witch! She is a follower of the unnatural. I saw her practicing witchcraft and she tried to turn me into her! I claim thee to be a witch!” The entire town, including Mary Sibley and Tituba, gathered around, hearing Slander’s claims.

      Mary approached the woman and asked, “Is it true Edna, are you a witch?”

      Edna said in a demonic voice, “Yes it is. I plead guilty to all claims against me.”

      “Take her away!” Two townsmen approached Edna, who grabbed one with her tail. “AHH!” The man yelled out, transforming. Edna was released as the man was fully transformed into one of Lucifer’s followers. The crowd gasped in horror, as the world’s deadliest creature was among them.

      “How do we possibly get rid of them?” Someone from the crowd asked.

      “Simple,” Lucifer said, stepping forward. “First, we use holy water to weaken them.” A cup of water materialized on the ground and Lucifer picked it up, careful not to slosh any, knowing very well that it could be the end of him. He threw the cup on the two devils, which made them cripple to the ground.

      “Then, we kill them the way we would kill any other mortal. I prefer hanging, but it’s up to you how we get rid of these wicked creatures.” Lucifer grabbed Edna and walked over to a hanging post. He put her head in the hole in the rope and tightened it around her neck. He then let the rest of her body fall. Blood soon began dripping down her neck. The man turned to the rest of the crowd and spotted Mary looking at him. His eyes automatically lit up.

      He walked towards her, while saying, “Mary Sibley…” He bows in front of her and takes her hand, before kissing it gently and looking her in her eyes. “pleased to meet your acquaintance.”

      Mary and Tituba, having a little more hostility to her voice than Mary, asked at the same time, “Who are you?”

      “My name is John Slander.”

      “Have I met you before?”

      He lets go of her hand, which she then immediately clutches. Lucifer shrugs, “Possibly.” He then looks her straight in the eyes again and her breathing picks up instantly, almost going to a gasp. “Goodbye Miss Sibley.”

      Lucifer turned away from the crowd and began walking away, when Mary called out, “Wait.” He stopped and turned around to face her. “Will you be coming back?”

      “You’ll see me around.” He began walking towards an old, broken down home near the outskirts of the sleepy little town. “And thus begins the Salem Witch Trials.” He said with a wicked smile, as he and the crowd were distanced. Upon reaching his destination, a red swirling vortex opened and Lucifer reverted back to his original form.

      “Not so fast, Lucifer!” A woman yelled out to him. Lucifer turned towards the woman that called him out and saw a brunette with baby blue eyes.

      “So you know who I am?”

      “I knew it from the first moment I saw you.”

      Lucifer shrugged and said, “I guess that’s it then.” He then blew the Mist of Enchantment into the woman’s face, but she held out a cross and the mist spread, going to either side of her, but never getting in contact with her skin. She stood, still facing Lucifer.

      Astounded, the ruler asked, “How are you not transforming?”

      “Don’t be so surprised. My cross was able to block your mist from influencing me.”

      Lucifer simply smirked and rushed over to the woman. “You may not be able to be affected by the mist,” He then leaned in and whispered in her ear, “But you can’t possibly resist your desire to get me.”

      “Don’t be delusional!” The woman lashed, pulling away. “I’m not attracted to you. You’re poison.”

      “Oh really, then I guess we’ll have to change that. Give me a year in this town and if you still feel the same way, then I’ll leave and never return.”

      “And you’ll take back all the effects of your visit?”

      “I’ll try, but there’s no guarantee. Now run along Michelle. If you want to find me, you know where I am. And make sure you don’t tell anyone.” Michelle walked away from the ruler, who walked through his vortex. He returned to his empire.

Esteban approached him. “Esteban, I was just getting ready to call you. Check our inventory for devil attraction potions. I want someone to warp.”

      Esteban nodded and walked away towards a hatch, leading to the hellfire pits. Sifting through the shelves of items, he finally stopped at a bottle marked, “love potion #33”. Esteban walked back up to Lucifer, who stood waiting. He handed his master the bottle. Lucifer’s face lit up immediately.

      “Love potion #33. Excellent choice Esteban. Brew me a few more potions immediately in case this one doesn’t change her.” Esteban went back down to the hellfire pits and began working, while Lucifer went back to Salem. He returned 30 minutes later, without Michelle on his arm.

      “I take it she wasn’t warped sir.” Esteban said.

      “No, she wasn’t. Are the other potions ready yet?”

      “Yes they are.” Esteban handed him a box of love potions. Lucifer in turn smiled in delight.

      “There is no way these should fail.” A year later, Lucifer sat on his throne, pondering the best way to change Michelle’s mind within the next hour. “This girl, this Mortal, refuses to be warped. I must say, I do admire her persistence to stay unchanged, but I won’t take it any longer. It’s time to bring out my last resort.” Lucifer got off his throne and walked through the red swirling vortex to be greeted by a waiting Michelle.

      “Hello Lucifer.” Michelle said, “Got any more tricks up your sleeve? You know there’s only one hour left until I say no.”

      “Don’t bet on it Michelle, I still have one more thing.” He stuck out his hand, which held a rose.

      “For me?” Michelle said, taking the rose from his hand.

      “That’s not it though.” A picnic basket materialized in his hand. “We’re having a good ol’ fashioned picnic.”

      “Let’s go.” Michelle said, taking Lucifer’s arm. One hour later, the two returned to Lucifer’s “home”.

      “I’m waiting for your answer. It’s been a year, exactly to the minute.”Lucifer said, expectantly.

      “Yes.” Michelle said.

      “Excellent, let’s go.” A red swirling vortex appeared and the couple walked through. The portal closed behind the two and they left Salem behind. The two walked up to Esteban, who held out a cup of blood.

      “Drink from the cup of blood and you will live forever.” Lucifer said to his new girlfriend. Michelle took the cup and drank from it, a tingling sensation running through her body.

      “Now that that’s done, let’s have some fun.” Lucifer pulled Michelle towards his room and closed the door, a ‘Do not disturb’ sign hung from the knob. 16 years later, here I am, the daughter of Satan.

Sinner Meet Saint

      I walked into my father’s throne room, expecting to see him there, but saw my mother. “Hey mom, where’s dad?”

      “Off on business.” Said Michelle, looking over some document.

      “Great…” I said, rolling my eyes. My father was always off doing something and he barely had time for his family. Hey, he may be the most notorious person alive, but he’s still a father. Michelle looked up from her documents and said to me, “Angel, you shouldn’t be thinking that way about your father.”

      If you haven’t noticed the obvious fact, ‘Angel’ was intended for a saint, but instead it went to a sinner… by blood, of course. I’d do anything to not be like my dad. Of course, I expect my father to go down in flames one day, but don’t expect me to take his place; leave that job to my witch of a sister, Carmen. Her icy blue eyes, devil red lips and evil personality would make her the perfect person to run dad’s empire. Yet, as I am the oldest (only by three months), I am going to be forced to take over.

      “Well, can you tell me when he gets back?” I asked my mother. A swirling red vortex opened up and out came my father, the almighty Lucifer. I opened my mouth to ask a question, when he instantly said, “Don’t even think about it.”

      “Really dad? You know I refuse to accept all of the powers that you oh so happily gave me. Maybe this will be good for me; maybe I’ll learn to accept them.”

      Lucifer thought about the offer and then said, “You’re enrolling tomorrow.”

      “Yes! Thanks dad!” I quickly kissed my father on the cheek and ran to my room to get ready for my first day of high school; but oh no, not an Angelic or Devilish high school, a regular high school! With people that have no idea who I am! I then stopped as I realized I had nothing to wear and absolutely no supplies. I walked back into the throne room that my father was rarely in and said, “I have no money, I’m not going to rob a bank or anything and I need stuff for school.”

      My father took out several 100 dollar bills and handed them to me. “Thank you.” I said, before turning and dematerializing. I materialized and walked out of a dressing room. I looked around the store, which apparently a shop of dresses being that they were everywhere. I began walking around, looking through the dresses. I grabbed mostly red ones. It’s one of my favorite colors, so don’t say I’m predictable. I also grabbed a few blue ones and even less black and white. I even picked out a gray one, but that’s only going to be for important occasions. After trying on all my dresses I paid for them and walked out of the store, satisfied with my purchases, I even had $500 left. Not all girls spend all their money on clothes, ya know! I walked through Washington, searching for another place to go. After a while, I decided materialize back in my room. Hey, even though I consider myself as my mother’s child, the power to materialize when I want from my dad is pretty cool.

      I put my bags down, when I heard a loud thunder erupt and I could only guess that Carmen was home. Crap, I thought, not this. Not now.

      Carmen practically broke my door in two and came in my room, her icy blue eyes trying to stare me down. “How in the world could you possibly consider going to a regular high school?” Carmen spat the last part, as if it was a bad taste in her mouth. I rolled my brown eyes, not wanting to deal with my sister’s rants. I then plastered on a fake smile and said in a voice as cheerful as you can be when you’re around Satan’s daughter, “Hello Carmen.”

      “Cut the act,” Said Carmen, “I know about you going to a normal school and I don’t like it one bit.”

      “Don’t be mad because you can’t inherit dad’s throne,” I said, while going to hang my clothes in my closet, “which, come to think, I don’t want to. Since we have nothing to talk about goodbye.” I said, waving a hand dismissing my sister.

      “I’m not leaving.” Carmen said, defiantly, crossing her arms to emphasize her point. I rolled my eyes again and thought, I’m not going through this again. I waved my hand and Carmen was instantly flung into her room by way of my telekinesis. Dad’s powers are handy in some situations, take Carmen as an example. I looked at my wall clock and saw that it was already 8:30. 8:30, let me hurry up and get ready for school.

      I then proceeded to do everything necessary to make me look normal for school tomorrow. Before heading to bed though, I walked up to my mom and she held up a hand to stop me. She put her hand over the speaker and said, “I’m already talking to the school now.” She then put her ear back to the phone and said, “Uh-huh…uh-huh…uh-huh. Thank you, I look forward to meeting you tomorrow.”

      She then turned to me and said, “I’ve gotten you put in the system, but they want me to come up tomorrow to verify things.”

      “Or in other words, find out what type of parents I have.” I said, unsurprised. It’s always been like that, people never change… then again, I could be wrong, dad did get married to my mom and he made it clear that he was never ever going to fall in love or get married, but he did both of those things within the course of a year. “Well, goodnight.” I said, before lying down in my bed. “High school, here comes Angel Salem.” I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

      I heard a ringing noise blaring into my ears and I reached over to my dresser, which I missed only catching the air. I rolled over and turned my alarm clock off. I sat up and yawned, stretching. I checked my clock and it read “7:45!” I gasped, “I gotta go before I’m late for my first day of school.” I got up and quickly changed into a long-sleeved red shirt with a black skirt. I ran to throne room, where my mother waited.

      “Get in the car, we gotta go.” Mom ushered. I sat in the car and watched as we drove through dad’s vortex to Earth. I wished I could stop and marvel in utter amazement at the transportation of the other realm, because I’ve used materialization my entire life. My mother quickly tapped my shoulder. “Your horns and tail.” Mom said, pointing at my devilish features that were on display.

      “Right.” My horns and tail disappeared right before our car pulled up in the parking lot. I got out and looked at the large school building that loomed in front of us. I walked with my mother, still looking at the Brownstone Academy of Excellence, which was also known as B.A.E. I walked into the doorway, but felt myself being split apart. It’s as if something was trying to keep me out. I then looked forward and saw a pure white aura, a clear sign that an angel was present. I then noticed his face and my own fell.  Satan’s daughter, meet the Creator’s son.

Angel + Devil

      “What’s wrong Angel?” Mom asked, sensing something was wrong.

      I shook my head and plastered on another fake smile, “Nothing’s wrong mother.” Mother, how stupid am I? I thought, mentally slapping my hand on my forehead. Now she’s going to know something’s wrong. I only say ‘mother’, whenever I’m hiding something from her. She’s the only person that I have difficult lying to, possibly because I’m more like her than dad.

      “What is it?” She asked.

      “The boy in the green shirt, twelve o’clock.” I said, pointing to him. She looked forward and I said, “He’s the Creator’s son.”

      Michelle’s face fell as well, but she quickly recovered, saying, “Go talk to him while I get you enrolled.”

      “Wait, what?” I asked. I turned away from my mother and towards the crowd of students in front of me, who continued their conversations. I looked around and the boy’s eyes fell on mine. His hazel eyes seemed to bore into my soul. I felt my pulse quicken and myself shuddering. My mother’s voice rang in my ears, “Go talk to him.”

      I began walking away from my mother towards the angel, who had me hypnotized. I walked up to him and said, “Hey, I’m Angel.” I stuck my hand out and his friends looked from him to me back to him.

      “Will.” He said, sticking his hand out and shaking mine. “Nice to meet you Angel.” Will turned to his friends, giving them a ‘Get Lost’ look. They complied and walked away, leaving Will and I alone. Once they were a safe distance away, Will and I said simultaneously, “I know who you are.”

      We then we burst out laughing and I said, “The Creator’s son and Satan’s daughter. Supposedly sworn enemies.”

      “Well the first born of each anyway.” Said Will.

      “I’m the first born, but I’m nothing like Lucifer. I consider myself more of my mother’s child.”

      “Same with me. My father, the Almighty Creator, forces me to study the sacred texts at least 13 hours a day.”

      “Please, 13 hours is light-work for me. Dad forced me to study his conquests and history for 22 hours. I got him to stop that when I turned 13 though.”

      “So, are a full-devil or…”

      “Half-devil, Half-mortal. The reason I’m not pure evil like my sister, Carmen, is because of this.” I pulled a cross out of the inside of my shirt and showed it to Will.

      “The Angel’s Cross.” Will said, admiring the ancient relic. “I’m assuming your mother has one too.”

      “Mom’s is more powerful than mine, since I’m half-devil and all. I assume you’re half-angel, half-mortal.”

      Will nodded and then said, “Carmen does sound evil.”

      “Trust me, she is. Her icy blue eyes, devil red lips, sick personality, and twisted sense of justice are what tells me she is definitely Satan’s spawn.”

      “I don’t know how someone so good could be related to the most evil person.” Will smiled.

I smiled back at the Angel shyly and said, “What makes you so sure I’m not pretending? After all, I am Lucifer’s first born.”

      “You have a pure white aura surrounding your devilish features. I’m pretty sure I can tell that you’re good.”

      “Are they showing?” I asked, patting down my hair to check for horns.

      “No.” Will said, “But my father trained me in every way imaginable to detect an angel, devil and mortal.”

      “That’s nothing. My father took me out on his ‘jobs’ when I was a baby. Of course, I always stayed closer to mom because that. When Carmen was born, dad kept her under his wing, but that didn’t stop him from attempting to switch me. He taught me everything from aura reading to soul snatching. He said he gave me his powers, but I refuse to accept all of them. I only use materialization, telekinesis, and a few more. Fire conjuring and the other realm-based powers are the ones I try to avoid.”

      “Do you shape shift?” Will asked.

      “Yeah, why do you ask?”

      “I’m just trying to make sure that this is really you and not some illusion my mind is playing on me.”

      “I assure you, this is the real Angel Salem.”

      “Angel.” A voice said from behind us. I nearly jumped out of my skin to be greeted by my mom. Will and my mother looked amused at my little scream, drawing a few people. Clutching my heart to see if it was still there, I said, “Don’t laugh at me.”

      “Well, I’m gonna leave you to school. Here’s your schedule.” Michelle handed me my schedule and began to exit the building.

      “That was amusing.” Will said, once my mom was a good distance away.

      “I’d like to see you in my situation Mr. Creator.”

      “My name is Will Hempstead.”

      “Will Hempstead; the perfect rich boy name.”

      “Well, my mother is rich.”

      “Don’t start gloating.” I said, playfully shoving Will to the side. “Since you’ve been here before, why don’t you show me to the chemistry lab?”

      “What makes you so sure I’ve been here before?”

      “A, you’re name is on a plaque. B, your father was trying desperately to keep me out. Luckily, I’m half-mortal.”

      “My father always does this. I wish I could just stick it to him one time and show him I can take care of myself.”

      “I wish I could just show my father that I’m independent and can make my own choices.”

      Will and I then looked at each other and a mischievous grin spread across my face. “Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” I asked Will.

      “We’re a couple.” Will said, before kissing me. And that’s how Satan’s daughter began dating the Creator’s son.

An Angel’s Worst Nightmare

      Will released me and said, “Well, let’s get you to class.”

      “Right, right.” I agreed, following Will’s lead as he escorted me through the hallway to Chemistry. We soon stopped outside the room door and I averted my eyes away from him, darting them to the floor instantly. I began shuffling awkwardly from foot to foot and said, “So…”

      “So…” He said back. Apparently our PDA from the hallway hadn’t faded away yet. “So… here we are: Chemistry.” Will presented the door to me, keeping his trained onto it. I looked up at him and the moment he turned in my direction, I looked back into those hazel eyes of his that left me so enthralled minutes before.

      “Thanks for taking me here.” I gratified.

      He swallowed once and took his hands down from the door. “No problem.”

      “Yeah…” I began to position myself towards the door, “so I’ll be off now. Bye!” I said, quickly planting a kiss on his cheek and swerving my way into the room through the barely opened door.

© 2014 Edgar3


Author's Note

Edgar3
Please tell me what you think of the characters, the plot and the dialogue.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on September 20, 2014
Last Updated on September 20, 2014
Tags: Angel, Devil, Lucifer, Angel and Devil love

Author

Edgar3
Edgar3

New York, NY



About
I'm an aspiring writer. more..

Writing
Loctresses Loctresses

A Story by Edgar3


Reawaken Reawaken

A Story by Edgar3


Crystal Waters Crystal Waters

A Story by Edgar3