Ares

Ares

A Story by Cassidy W.
"

Just something small I wrote the other day. I was thinking about adding onto it, but I'm not sure how to.

"

The bigger man roared in laughter. As the small boy emerged from the crowd of much bigger soldiers. He wasn’t clad in armor like the rest were. Nor did he have a sword. Just a small bronze dagger clenched tightly in his fist.

“You send a boy to do a man’s job?!” The giant man spoke to the opposing army. “And you only give him a dagger. You must ache to lose this war!”

“You’re right,” the boy spoke. “This isn’t a fair fight at all. Especially since you will die in only a few minutes.”

“What did you say brat?” The man glared down at the boy.

“My dagger against your sword is not a fair fight. I’ll try to be gentle,” The boy looked up his eyes seeming to glow.

“You will regret speaking to me like that you cocky little brat,” The man drew his sword.

The boy readied himself holding out the dagger, eyes closed. Everything grew silent as the two armies watched their victors ready for battle. The man drew his sword holding it high above his head to strike the concentrated boy. The blade came down at an alarming speed. Everyone was surprised when they heard metal against metal instead of metal slicing through flesh. The man looked down in surprise. The boy was holding the sword back with just his dagger, and he didn’t even seem to be struggling. The boy looked up giving his opponent a sly smirk. The man’s eyes widened. This child before him was acting as if this were merely a game. And at that point he knew it was a game he was going to lose.

The man pushed the sword down hoping to find some advantage. The boy looked simply bored. He was just toying with the man. In one swift motion the sword was pushed back with the force of the greatest wind. The man found himself stumbling back. He growled to himself raising his sword again. It was the only protection he had now. There was no leaving this circle until one of them was dead. And the way this battle was going the boy would emerge victorious. The man charged once more swinging his sword wildly at the boy. The boy countered each attack growing more and more bored.

“What are you waiting for?! Finish him!” The general screamed at the boy.

The boy’s eyes grew brighter lusting for blood. A childish grin spread across his face as he leapt toward the bigger man. In a mere second the man was dead and the boy was walking toward the enemy army holding his sword. He threw the sword at the general’s feet before turning to his own comrades in battle. He was engulfed by cries of victory and grown men pulling him into congratulate him. The opposing army could only look upon the scene stupidly. Looking between their fallen man and the boy.

“Next time you challenge us think twice!” A man yelled holding the boy by his shoulders. “For the god of war will always be on our side!”

“God of war?” The general looked at the boy dumbfounded.

“Ares god of war,” the boy smirked bowing.

When he arose again his skin took on a shining tone. There in all his glory was a true god in place of the seemingly weak boy from before. If they had seen him like this they would have known no one would ever defeat him. If this man wished he could have killed their whole army. So why didn’t he? The general looked at the god again only to find him staring back. Ares glared at him and then disappeared in thin air.

© 2016 Cassidy W.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on May 10, 2016
Last Updated on May 10, 2016
Tags: Ares, Greek god, action, fighting

Author

Cassidy W.
Cassidy W.

OK



About
My name is Cassidy. I've been writing since maybe eighth grade. I say maybe because its been so long since I started I already forgot when that was. I like to write, read, and watch movies. I'm just .. more..