Blood and wine.

Blood and wine.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Life teaches us many things. Sometime we must fight for the good things in our life.

"
                       Blood and wine.

Most of us are just dancing on the edge.
Taking what we need from life and escaping like a thief in the night.

Love and hate is tossed around like a game of Chess.
Where the game was fixed before it was started.
A skill chess player played with their prey.
Before he take their king.

Jesus turn water into wine.
He told us to love the children.
To love each other. We are all brothers and sisters.

Our world swim in blood.
Everyday a thousand tears for the innocence being murdered.
Brother's killing brother's in the Middle East.
Starvation killing millions in Africa.
One in four are going to sleep hungry in the land of milk and honey.

Blood and wine are not the same.
Poor Devil had no job.
Greed of man had left the demons with no function.

I pour the wine. Blood come out.
Hard to understand the desire of man?
We are led by Beserkers.
Desire blood over sweet wine.

I hear the leaders.
Serenading us the blood song.
They tell us. What is done is done.
Need blood for blood. A eye for a eye.

Most people are benumbs by lies.
They believe war is the answer.
When all we have is terror.
What is left of human kindness?

Today a girl of seventeen told me.
Had to escape her country.
Fear of death.
Schools are not safe.
What have we become?

Jesus turn water into wine.
Could Jesus change blood into sweet wine of hope and peace?

I'm not dead yet and you are alive.
Do you want your child to be a Soldier?
Learning to kill at eighteen before he learn to love and enjoy life.

I follow my father's path. I went to war. I saw death.
I'm tire. Tire of war.

Blood and wine is this song.
Need to silence the Berserkers.

A long time ago.
A nice lullaby for us kids.
Soldiers would not fight.
War ended.

Jesus loved the children.
He wanted us to know love and how to forgive.
If no-one will turn the other cheek.

The mad men will lead us to a dead-end road.

Old Poet is tire.
He want one day of peace before he is gone.
Not for my sake. For the sake of all children.

Thank you for reading.

                      Coyote
                   Jan 2013



© 2013 Coyote Poetry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is a struggle everyday. When you write of your journey and how it is that you come to find peace and forgiveness, it overwhelms me. I feel as if your wise words guide me into the right direction. Through your message one can find love and hope in Jesus. YES....we must fight for the good things in our lives. Excellent write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

It is true that us humans have created our own hell on Earth, so what do we need the devil for when there are living demons in this world. I concur with your very last verse.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are right Coyote, the greed of man has left the evil with no function. This world we live in saddens me. I loved your poem of truth, told with the voice of peace and wisdom in your own unique style. thank you for sharing it with us.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind." - Mahatma Gandhi
that was the first thing that came to my mind when I read this poem. This was very powerful and very longing, i know too well how you feel. good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

Mahatma Gandhi was a wise man. I wished we had a few like him with us today. Thank you for the comme.. read more
Excellent...wonderful....fab...fantastic...this piece remained me speechless....the piece was easy and not too complicated....after reading this i surely think that you are a soldier...right?....you said much true war isn't the solution...it only makes a peson cry...my poem THE WAR is quiet simlar to yours...but it isn't good like of yours...not only you every human being want's peace....and i can also say that a enemy too wants peace....keep writing.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Devanshu Rajput

11 Years Ago

really brillant piece...
My favorite line is "The mad men will lead us to a dead-end road."--i think it speaks so much truth with just that simple line. i don't see why we can't all just have eternal peace...today i was thinking that the news should be 80 percent positive and 20 % negative/but also things we can learn from, the news now days is 98 percent negative for the most part..it's sad that we are a nation of negativity and anger/rage/hostility---why cant we all just love and be loved, that is what life and this planet is about!! this poem really struck a cord with me because i was thinking of a lot of the same things you were talking about. i'm not religious by any means, but i do agree with everything you said in your poem--it was captured very well!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think what really got me was where you said, "Greed of man had left the demons with no function." because I feel we all try to look at evil as being a separate entity. We look at the dysfunction and the tears as being something that possesses a blank canvas of a person. So, with your line, it's kind of taking that idea away and saying that WE are the problem, and are what's bad.
It's personifying a problem we try to pose as being an idea, an intangible source. And it's brilliant and sad. I really liked this.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the questioning in this and the sociological bent you often write with. Wine is not the same when there is spilled blood in this world.

How do people live in comfort when our fellows suffer, I do not truly know. Maybe they avoid the news because they believe it's bad.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

603 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on January 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 21, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cold fact Cold fact

A Poem by MOON