Forgiveness

Forgiveness

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

We must forgive ourselves before seeking forgiveness from God.

"

Forgiveness.

     

Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven, as in the r...

Forgive, and ye shall be forgiven, as in the reconciliation of Jacob and Esau in Genesis 33, after Julius Schnorr von Carolsfeld, illustration from a Bible card published by the Providence Lithograph Company (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

011_11

Forgiveness

015_15

    

The man at the booth with the bible. Asked me do I need
help? His eyes penetrated me like he could see me drowning in sin.


     I told him somethings in life can’t be forgiven. He smiled and told me ” God will
forgive you for all sins.”


     I told him my father drank everyday of his life. He
abused woman and left children without food. He believed by going to church on
New Years eve and prayed to be forgiven. He would be forgiven?


     The man with the bible put the book down. Told me. “I
don’t know if there is a free pass for all sin, son. I don’t know. You are
young. What could you have done so bad?”


     I smiled and told him. I broken most of the 7 deadly sin,
sir. I drank. Didn’t lie too much. Laid with woman with wedding band. Did deeds
I’m trying to repair?


      The man did a silent prayer and told me. “Son, we all fall down and
must get up. This world is full of sin. Sad part is it seem all the bad thing
seem more exciting and better. You need to learn from your mistakes and become
better. Beg for forgiveness.”


     I shook the man hand and thanked him. I told him.  “The Lord
won’t forgive you if you stay on the same road. I do pray for my father. Sinner
and lovers of the road who  twist the truth. We won’t get near heaven. No free
passes.”


      I don’t know how I fell so deep on the road to purgatory.  Sad part
I didn’t learn.Roamed the Texas bars and drank till 6 kids with nothing change my journey to an early death.


Not too many men pray for forgiveness. Woman don’t brag to be saints.

We do what we must till one day we die and our bones rot.


      I do pray for others. I do good things now. I don’t
drink anymore today.  Now my beautiful children will pray for me.

       I still believe all sins won’t be forgotten.


         It is better to lived a good life.


                         Coyote

                           Nov. 2008

© 2013 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem. I hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Great poem, I have also been down that road to purgatory. It took me a lot longer to learn than most. I am grateful that Lord God forgave me because I was able to forgive myself. I am a better person today for that and I don't regret my past.

Micheleyves

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i think we are given the example of the prodigal son to tell us that all are forgiven and welcome when we find our way back to our Father's house.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

is this poetry?
regards
Terry

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

such a deep pondering write, your emotions come through as deep and raw.
I really enjoyed what you had to say.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wow, yes, the road to redemption starts with us forgiving ourselves...and that is the toughest turn the road takes.

there is a fine line...this person speaking to the speaker of the poem...thinks he has the answers, well maybe...but that person is not exactly in the speaker's shoes..no one is..and each situation, each redemption is different.

there is not one way to achieve reconciliation with self or god.

this piece is quite thoughtful...meaningful...

something to ponder for a long while.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

a beautiful write Coyote. I watched a documentary about evil a couple of weeks ago. A preacher was interviewed that had baptized Jeffrey Daumer before J. was murdered in prison. My understanding of Christianity is that ALL sins are forgiven and our hands are washed white as snow. This preacher's congreation confessed to believe this too and yet after he baptized Jeffrey over half his congreation left the church. This breaks my heart. What do you think are ALL sins forgiven or does man get to decide?

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

I believe we will learn in the end. Some sins cannot be forgotten. Repetition of sin and constant re.. read more
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

11 Years Ago

true, I wear a cross around my neck in remembrance of my thousandth second chance...........
such truth in this write, so much emotion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your write is filled with truth and raw emotion, and it deeply touches me. I do differ in believing that all sins may be forgotten and most assuredly forgiven by our Holy Father. Perhaps those on earth may not forgive, but He forgives all sin as far as the East is from the West.
We can spend an entire life trying to rebuild what we have destroyed, and perhaps never shall mend all fences, but we are always loved by God. This is my personal belief, so I am not intending to preach.....just love! There are times when we are our harshest judge.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow love the truthfulness of this piece. It is a moving piece, brilliant write with focus on spiritual reach. Thanks for sharing a wonderful poetry.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

11 Years Ago

Thank you for the comment. Old poetry can take me back to the good days of youth.
Marc Marlon Villaflor

11 Years Ago

:) great piece love reading it. it is worth to read.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

756 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 11, 2013
Last Updated on April 11, 2013

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hummingbirds Hummingbirds

A Poem by Jack...