Just words

Just words

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Write, write and write some more. Our words outlast our memory.

"



Reading and writing, like everything else, improve with practice. And, of course, if there are no young readers and writers, there will shortly be no older ones. Literacy will be dead, and democracy - which many believe goes hand in hand with it - will be dead as well.

The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say. ~Anaïs Nin

Let me walk through the fields of paper
touching with my wand
dry stems and stunted
butterflies....
~Denise Levertov, "A Walk through the Notebooks"


                             Just words

A writer told me. You are too kind. Never a negative comment in public places. I told him. Negative words do not help. If you want to assist. Assist in private.

My advice is simple for all writers. Every poem or story need the when, where, who, why and how of every action or situation. Must describe location, characters and the situation. Make each scene come alive.

I'm far from perfect. I need to edit more and stay in the same tenses. You can confuse and lose the reader when you jump around. A proper edit and re-read with patience, every poem or story. Seek help and be thankful when given.

Words, my friend.  Shared are gifts for us readers. If you don't like style, subject matter or plot.  Don't read. The world is large and wild. Better to learn and try to understand the words shared.



Just words. Words can change our world. For better or worst?
                           Coyote/John Castellenas


                 

© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I agree that we should be encouraging writers to continue to write and always look for the talent in a piece of writing. Everyone has such different styles of writing and in the end it all comes down to perspective, some of the greatest writers in the world have been questioned and looked down on because of their style of writing but to me writing is a form of art and you express yourself through it and how you are feeling in that moment.
This was a very interesting piece, thank you for sharing.


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Otsana foe reading. We need more writers. A better world if we try to understand all peopl.. read more



Reviews

excellent advice, and with pj harvey, what could be better, i ask...not much...thanks...jc

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree. I love B.J Harvey. Thank you dear Poet for reading and the comment.
Like in writing, music is same way. Being a musician as well as a writer in order to grow as either one you need to take in a genre of music or writing that may help you discover something new about writing or music that you never knew existed before. For the longest time I was strictly a metal head. Listened to nothing else but distorted guitar music, till I joined the college jazz band class. The class opened up my world to a whole new experience, Latin Music. I must say, now I'm a huge Latin Music lover along with still listening to metal. Don't keep yourself in a box when trying to express the ocean of emotions stirring around in the soul. Enjoy the experience of expression, within reason.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree. I found new music I like with old age. J.B Harvey, The Lana Del Rey and I still like the ol.. read more
~Very well said Coyote. In the future I hope to learn more about poetry and post poems that have been fully edited and revised in a way I should have learned to do a long time ago. Although I've become kind of irrelevant here I've been pretty lucky up to now in that regard to have people read and review what I've written.

~I also agree that we should keep our negative thoughts private. How many years did I relay messages that pointed out what was wrong with a poem. As far as that goes, I now keep things to myself and try to understand what the writer's intention and views are rather than my own. I've turned over a new leaf, hence my new avatar.

This is very well written Coyote. I'm glad you shared it with us.~

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Relic. I received help and I'm thankful. I will seek publishing this year and I will find .. read more
Relic

8 Years Ago

I wish you luck.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

752 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2015
Last Updated on June 19, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..