House on the hill

House on the hill

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words and thoughts.

"


                                  The house on the hill

Teacher, teacher. You taught me. Be kind, talk politely and treat all life with respect. The school is falling. All I see is hate, war and separation. Teacher, teacher. What do I believe? Are you teaching us the proper skills?

The house on the hill. Once stood safe and sound. Daddy was my hero and mama taught us love and she protected us. Today the house is falling apart. Daddy drink his rum to find sleep and mama sleeps alone. The once house of laughter and love had turn cold and lonely. Children watched solid world and home become the sand of time swept away by the ocean of disappointment.

Teacher, teacher. They killed children today? Father and mother. I learn how to take cover in my school. Is my world safe? What did you leave for me?

I touch the witches tree today. I love the witched tree. She reaches for the sun and the earth. I prayed we can stop the madness. Who do we blame? Time to stop the naysayers and the spreaders of hate. Need all races, religions and color to demand the end to hate. War is pure profit. The men and country that make profit from war. They  are the killers. No guns, no war.

Teacher, teacher. I saw soldiers fighting and dying. Who is right or wrong?

Poor teacher reached to the child and she whispered. We must stand our ground. The children will lead us to peace. You and the rest of the children must repair the wounded world left by greedy people.

Heal/not kill.    War is not the road to peace. It is the road to death and destruction.

                              John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2015 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A new poem. I hope you like.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

" Children watched solid world and home become the sand of time swept away by the ocean of disappointment."
This is my favorite sentence in the whole poem, I feel like most people can relate to it. I mean, We all have had our share of troubles and disappointment at home and in the world.
The poem sheds light on some things that we as people, tend to ignore.
I would like to know which poem that you've wrote is your personal favorite.
But anyways, Thank you for the great poem to read.
-Mars


Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Mar-Mar for reading and the positive comment. I do appreciate.



Reviews

So true, so wise...
So ignored by the brainwashed public...
Excellent, excellent poem!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Terry for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Wow!!! U will never cease to amaze me with your writing... Its so beautiful...Thank you Sir

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Zoe. I appreciate the comment.
Sweet Johhny love this on you. The description of a home gone cold from lack of love and life perfectly relects a world in the same wretched state.

The look at this from a child to teachers eyes is a Masters stroke...really makes this poignant..
Hadnt read enough of you to see otber than your dreamy lover pieces..which i adore. But this is sweet meat Sweet Johhny.

Love and wishes of ✌ peace.

Calamity of Jennifer

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Jennifer. I appreciate the kind words.
One of your best John. So much wisdom in a few lines of writing. Valentine

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Valentine. I'm so tire of war.
very insightful, from family values to how were taught, like how it come together, the core root of everything start with the family. excellent write. thank you for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Mauricio. I agree. We need the family strong and good leadership. A raised fist and a divi.. read more
great imagination. keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

It is not imagination. Daughter at six learn to take cover in case of her school was attacked. War i.. read more
kihisu chisho

8 Years Ago

well I mean ur imaginative words(sorry if u didn't understand that).

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

703 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 4, 2015
Last Updated on November 4, 2015

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..