Cold blooded lover

Cold blooded lover

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"


                                     Cold blooded lover

So pretty, so nice to look upon. I told you my dear Belinda. I could love you like my first love. My last love, but your eyes are dead. So dead.

Your worn and torn eyes showing me no love. Just accepting my company, just not to feel alone. You were a perfect beauty once. A long legged and tall lady who made me go wild with need and I found a burned-out heart and no love to be given.

I tried to make you laugh and I tried to make you dance to the good songs. I took you to beautiful places to learn new dream and hope.  I wanted you to need me. I learn.

Cold blooded lover are dead and bury in the heart. Sweet love had turn dirty with time and once hopeful lady wanted little and can give little back.

I went to you, years ago. I whispered dear Belinda. I love you so and love cannot wait for the cold blooded lover swimming in regret and pity.

I left her with final gift and broke my own heart. Beautiful lady broke my heart and she didn't care.

                             John Castellenas/Coyote






© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another heart on the sleeve poem, Coyote.

I am familiar with this type of woman. A beauty who lives her life dwelling on the mistakes and losses of her past, incapable of ever seeing the light again and rediscovering her old, real self. They are tragic figures. Worthy of our pity, yet ones to be avoided, else we will shatter our own hearts by trying to restore their's.
Once again, you have written a piece that is soaked in the experiences of a lifetime. Words that tell of love and loss and heartbreak, written in an unpretentious way, wisdom for the masses and the inexperienced.
Fine writing, my friend. Well Done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Many people give up too soon. This is sad. Thank you Doodley for reading and the comment.



Reviews

99 times out of 100, when a woman seems cold and callous, it is because a man, at some point in her life (maybe even her childhood in some form of abuse) has made her that way, destroying any inner warmth and beauty she might have once portrayed and emanated ... I say this to the shame of us men who treat women in such ways that virtually destroy anything desirable inside them, to only leave that attractive outer shell much like a beautiful container one would pick off the shelf at the grocery store to find only tasteless food inside ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I agree my friend. Hard for a woman to trust another man after a disappointment. Thank you Marvin fo.. read more
Two souls put together at the wrong time for each other. Always a beautiful and bittersweet thing when one can love, but the other cannot because the wounds are bleeding far too much. Sometimes we need to pull ourselves of that situation. Makes me sad to see it happen to anyone else, but these are genuine words Coyote. Genuine words that you write. Take the darkness, remember the light, this is the song of life that we sing and the tune is not always warm. Your honesty is always refreshing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the honest review. We must know darkness and light to survive this world.
Burned out heart and dead eyes. Strong imagery and a warning sign not to let your guard down in the presence of someone who does not give but only takes.

Well done John.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

You are right my friend and thank you for reading.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
mou
It is painful.Your words are very honest and quite strong that reflect the true feelings.True feelings does not need charming words to express and it proves this.Beautiful!!
Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you mou for reading and comment. I appreciate.
This is heartbreaking, but very accurate and real. So real.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Some love is ours to take and some to forsake. So we move on with the good memories. A great message and a much appreciated writing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Divya. I appreciate the comment.
DIVYA

8 Years Ago

You are most welcome. It is a pleasure.
I like this one, and the song choice is very much after my own heart. A couple minor things -- should be worn, not wore, and just to not feel alone would sound less awkward in the first line of second stanza. One other thing, you might consider either moving or eliminating the last sentence. It would make the end sound more final. As always, a beautiful, heartfelt, and wonderful poem.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lyn Anderson

8 Years Ago

I know you do. When given thoughtfully, it makes us better writers.
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I need the help. Old soldier appreciate the help.
Lyn Anderson

8 Years Ago

You are a kind and thoughtful old soldier, with a very beautiful soul that shines through your words.. read more
I love this band, and you beautifully brought in your own words in relation to the first song. The emotion is so real- simple and described in few words, but incredible real. Great work.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I love Taylor Momsen. Old style singer. Not fancy but she loved the song. Thank you Nicole for readi.. read more
Not sure which i most want to sympathise with, John. I wonder what made your Belinda so bitter, heartless and indifferent. Knowing you, you tried desperately to find the reasons.. and that in turn resulted in two very empty, sad people. Life is cruel.. life rarely if ever explains itself.. however much time pasts.

Your words, as always, reach the heart.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Belinda just left a abuses situation. I came at the wrong time. She healed and did okay. Sometime be.. read more
This was a sad story that is so touching and that happens to so many. We all feel we need reciprocation and not be left in reckless abandon. Thank you for sharing wonderful even sad poetry...:)...............

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

Thank you Sami for reading and the comment. Love can be sweet or painful. Most of us will know both.
Sami Khalil

8 Years Ago

So true. You are welcome...:).........................

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

688 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2016
Last Updated on April 1, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..