I cannot forget you

I cannot forget you

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words

"
                                    

        I cannot forget you

(A old poem written on 18 Feb 1993 with a re-write.)

My sweet and kind friend. Please tell me. We are not done. We were friends first, lovers second. I told you once.

"Love is hard, life is harder.
We need friends more than lovers.
Pleasure and need of the body become a more desperate need.
Lovers hold on tightly and need a strong love to keep the fire alive.
I need a friend and I don't want to lose you to the disappointment of love."

Pretty lady smiled and gentle tears fall. She whispered. Johnnie, can we go back in time? Can we forget the long nights of lover's kiss and embrace? Can we forget the landslide of falling apart? Can we forget how we danced to the midnight moon? Can we forget the need to swim as one into the perfect ending? Is the need of love more needy than the want of friendship?

Sweet lady knows. She is waiting for a miracle. Old friend turned lover. They can't return to the place that is lost. She knows when two become one. Passion and need take-over the need of a friend. She asked him. Can we be lovers and friends?

He brought her closer. He whispered. I can't unlove you and I cannot forget you. Without you in my life. I would be a lonely ship in the vast oceans. I would be dead in heart. Please let's hold on tightly and let's make a midnight wish. Me and you. Always good friends and never far apart. You are my first wish and last wish dear Lover.

                               John Castellenas/Coyote


© 2016 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is beautiful. How desperately you need a friend, someone who can lift you up, instead of leaning on you when you so need to be leaning on someone else...if that makes sense. When you are so broken down and it seems like all the love in your heart has been spent. You are very talented, thank you for sharing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Molly. I appreciate the comment and you are very kind.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Your poem is so relatable to many. Each emotion is well expressed. I really loved this poem. Thanks for sharing this amazing write up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment.
Just words, that melt into the heart and sink into the soul. Such sadness, truth, and romanticism in the best of your works. A pleasure to read. A pleasure to feel.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you dear Poet. I appreciate the kind words.
friends and lovers ..a high ideal ..the loving easy ...the friendship a bit more challenging .. the need and desire for both saturates this read for me ..i am reminded of the very rough road to finding a true mate and then to stay together through all ones own "stuff" .. so many times projected :( sounds as if this write is pretty close to you ..i hope she has read it :)
E.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

A very old poem and memory. Good friends when they become lovers. Can't go back. Which is sad. Thank.. read more
If lovers can be true friends then what else is required? They would be more cooperative, perhaps they'll have a better understanding and their companionship would be deeper and long-lasting- possibly eternal. Great piece of poetry. Keep writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Vatsal. I appreciate the comment.
Wow!!! it's just amazing...
I could understand the depth of it. Friendship and love - always spin and turn... Almost everyone gets confused. We can't judge both of these together. Neither one can judge any one of these... I am filled with intense pleasure after reading this... time can't ever return back. But it isn't impossible too. It all depends on is how we choose to maintain our relationship. "Being lovers after being friends is common, being friends after being lovers is unique..."
Anindita : )

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

I agree Anindita. Old age, we learn friendship again. Need common ground after long life together
Very deep. Seeded with knowledge, as well as emotion. One may not be able to return to the past - but this piece does a great job of bringing a past moment & universal/on-going truths into present light. Well done my wise friend.

Phoenix

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Thank you Phoenix and you are right.
PhoenixDown

7 Years Ago

You are most welcome Coyote.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

697 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..