Pretty face, don't mean pretty heart.

Pretty face, don't mean pretty heart.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                           



                                      Pretty face, don't mean pretty heart.


She was so damn pretty and she moved through life like a panther in the free forest on the hunt.

Her eyes were black as coal and her voice sweeter than the Michigan Fall honey.

She told me. "Blind folks need love and kiss. They believe love is forever. The soulmate fantasy leave you lonely, waiting and dead in heart. Don't believe in outer appearance. Pretty does, sometimes is pretty not. Be brave and careless, better to eat life-up without seeking perfect love and perfect kiss. If you want little, you won't be disappointed."

I loved her eyes. Cold and relentless and I loved her tantalizing tender voice. I loved her truthful and honest words.

She told me. "Pretty face, don't mean pretty heart. Sometime women are killers, murderers of love and kindness. They will leave you bloody and dying without a second of regret. Please don't love a cold-hearted woman."

I loved her anyway and I told her. I love you sweet, I love you dirty. I love your honest words and the promises never given. We are seeking the same things. Good song, good dance and the good drink. When we make promises, promises are made to be broken.

She smiled and she laughed at my words. She brought me close and she whispered. "I will break your heart."

I whispered to her. Too late pretty lady. No heart left to break.

                                     Coyote

© 2018 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When your heart has been broken that many times, there is nothing left to break and you will gladly take any sweetness on offer. At least she gave you warning, this beautiful woman knew what she was capable of and you knew that you couldn't be hurt further.

I always enjoy reading you Coyote.

Chris


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Chris. Must be careful. Some people don't want love.
Chris Shaw

5 Years Ago

Yes, some have cold hearts and aren't looking for love and romance. Sad really, but we are all diffe.. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Some of the prettier lasses think that is their passport to a happy life thus neglecting to develop a personality, empathy and are often cold hearted b*****s.
Enjoyed the read as always Coyote

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are right. A good life is laughter, good times and enjoying each other company. Thank you my fri.. read more
It's been a long time since I have read your work, and I was not disappointed. I am not ever disappointed when I read you. This is great.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You are very kind and thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
light and ashes

5 Years Ago

You are welcome my friend :)
evil girls usually do have the prettiest face. ive learned the hard lessons of love on that one myself. but we should give love one more try. and always one more try. i love your word play in this piece.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you MoonChild. Love should be slow and easy. No surprise then. See true face. Female or male.
You have a way of laying out a story that I admire highly I wish I had that kind of skill. I am glad I stopped by. I feel inspired to write now.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

You have skill my friend and I am glad to have you back. Thank you Ranger Kessel for reading and the.. read more
Sometimes you don't mind your heart being broken.
In fact, you know this is going to happen.
But you just have to be on that journey.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree Paul. Sometime, good company is enough. Thank you Paul for reading and the comment. I do app.. read more
This is great. Subject matter is adaptable to us all, but love the dark matter applied here.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
Aloha John, this is lovely I enjoy your organic style of storytelling that has an easiness about it. She is rather wise this woman, who reminds me of one of your characters Sherry from you series Days of Texas (I think that’s what it was called). She is unapologetic but not lacking in passion. Loved that ending too somehow we become resigned to what we admit to ourselves. Looking forward to re-visiting your writing. Izzy

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. I appreciate the comment. I must finish that story with Cheryl in.
Really enjoyed the imagery here. I can see it in my own mind and hear the sultry tones go back and forth. A whisper of what could be, what might be, what you want to happen. I'm intrigued, I feel like this poem could continue into a full blown story. Nice stuff.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Some stories lead to poor ending. Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
love without boundaries not knowing about the deficits and surpluses when talking in economics, but just being trusting all the way never mind if in the end there is pain that needs to be faced and endured

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Love is our best days and our worst days. We need luck, kindness and concern. To keep love alive. Th.. read more
sette

5 Years Ago

you are welcome my friend
women will murder our hearts, that is true. But then we let them, so it is like suicide by loving too hard.
And yes, after so many deaths, the nine lives are over...and our heart is dead...so when a new person comes along there is no longer a heart to break.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I liked your wisdom. Men seeking suicide in love. Could be poetry. Thank you Jacob for reading and t.. read more

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

512 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2018
Last Updated on June 6, 2018

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..