My California

My California

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just words.

"
                              

                         My California

Once I sought death, I was so damn tire. Joined war, volunteered for places where death was near. Death did want me. Death show me the dead, Death taught me. Dying ain't so easy to be done. I pray to the Iraq desert, show me what I need to do.

My war was over and soldier with no unit, was send to Fort Ord, California in 1992. Five day drive on highway 80 from Michigan to California. A needed road trip, the long highway allowed us to meet kind people. Every place I stopped. Men and women talked to me and I befriended many. Got drunk in Reno with a Vietnam Vet, sang song with a Irish girl in Cheyenne, danced all night with  a pretty Salt Lake girl who made me laugh and I talked with WW2 Vet in Lincoln. He told me. War is s**t and do some good before you die. Enough hate, create some love. Become someone, safe place.

I remember crossing the bridge near San Francisco. I had to park my truck and I watched the Pacific ocean for  hours. I sat on the beach outside the city. The sun was falling into the sea and the California sun warmed my face and I knew. I had found my proper place.

In Monterey, I roamed alone and on a Tuesday, my writing journal and I found a poetry reading at the local book store. I read my poetry to strangers and I listened to the poets and the writers. I sat alone and many kind people sat with me. I wrote a poem.

                                 "My California

The sea, the singing seals and the dancing sea.
My medicine needed to be able to see right,
Dear California,
made me see,
I was small and the world is our to appreciate.
We are just pieces of a large puzzle,
each of us,
here to do some good.
Here to test life,
sing to the moon, dance with the sea,
be blessed by the California sun.

Life is long Winter and short Summer.
Life is finding a reason to be alive.
Writers write, singers sing and the dancers dance.
Be part of the movement of life,
we must be.

Michigan cold left my bones and my California,
stole my heart, revived my hope and now,
Johnnie dancing nightly with the sea."

Pretty Poet Sophia told me on a Friday night. Johnnie, you will be alright. Need new place, new people and the sea. We walked on the Monterey beach. Kind moon blessed us and the stars lite up the sky. I did a silence prayer. Thank you Pacific ocean, thank you kind California.

                           Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i can see how California stole your heart...your words so expressive...
yes we are all small, but a small and yet important part of the whole...
and even in death the small are remembered...
we all contribute to the cause...and your contributions are such heartfelt poems, my friend. Ones we all can relate to in some way or another.
j.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Jacob. I do appreciate the kind words.
Thankfulness no matter what breaks many barriers...🌹

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

I agree dear Kelly. I appreciate the comment.
‘Thoughts In Time’🌹

5 Years Ago

Always a pleasure- thankyou🌹

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2019
Last Updated on February 12, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing