Last chance saloon

Last chance saloon

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Some words.

"


                       Last chance saloon

I was the Monday night closer manager at the Purgatory Inn. I was counting the money and a pretty lady was waiting for me. I watched her roll her cigarette and I enjoyed the view of her black lingerie stocking on her long legs. Her long black hair reached down her back and I told her. 1/2 hour sweeties, do you want a drink?

She smiled and she told me. "Whiskey straight, maybe a double, maybe one or two ice cubes." I poured three Black Velvet whiskey shots into  a regular drink glass and I dropped two ice cubes in. I went to her and I handed the drink to her. She over-reached the drink, caressed my hand. She whispered, hurry up Johnnie. Never polite to allow a girl to drink alone.  

I finished my work and her drink was empty. I brought the Black Velvet whiskey to her. I filled her cup with the whiskey. She smiled and she told me. "I appreciate the ride home, Washington Twp, a long way away when damn car is dead." I smiled and I told her. My pleasure dear Brooke. Her eyes were wild and free, she licked  her lips and she went into deep thoughts. She whispered. "Did you promise me a poem once? Was I just a tale, you tell,to make a pretty girl smile?"

I told her. Beautiful lady, you are poetry. Do you want sweetness, love or some sadness? She took my hands, brought them to her soft legs and she kissed me warmly. She whispered. Make me believe, I am the only one.

                                  " Last chance saloon


The lights are low, the Jazz was good.
My dark eyes beauty pulled me closer.
She whispered, honey, poet and my love.
Let's make this night hotter than death valley,
make me  want everything and more.

I whispered to her, baby, sweetie and my dark angel of the night.
You are darker than the night,
sweeter than the honey wine and
more dangerous than the sea sirens.

I want you alone,
to be able to take off those stocking of black silk,
roll my hands up and down your tender legs.
I want to look into those eyes and fall into madness.

I want to see, only you,
swim in your eyes of coffee brown and fall into your words forever.
You are my Black Velvet kiss and my only wish. My last wish."

She drank the whiskey and she smiled.She stood-up and she took my hand. She brought close to her and we danced to the Jazz playing softly. She whispered, "way down we must go, so low we can't see the daylight. Where lover's go, when the night is long and we cannot be alone. You and I. Three am dancer praying for a miracle.

                              Dancing Coyote

© 2019 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Just words.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am hooked - 'way down we must go, so low we can’t see the daylight. Where lover’s go, when the night is long and we cannot be alone'.

I was right there in the Saloon, fantastic imagery. Thank you for sharing :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Laura. You are very kind and I appreciate the comment.
Wonderful description and stylish edge to the poem. I loved the little details like ice cubes and long hair of the girl. Really enjoyed reading it :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you Anjeline. I appreciate the comment.
Anjeline

5 Years Ago

You're welcome 😊
You mix the bar room atmosphere, romance, chance, risk, hedonism and descriptions of two lonely souls seeking solace in this one Coyote John

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

5 Years Ago

Thank you John. I appreciate the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 31, 2019
Last Updated on March 31, 2019

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing