Three fingers of Johnnie walker

Three fingers of Johnnie walker

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

June poetry number sixteen.

"
                        Three fingers of the Johnnie Walker.
He went back to Aberdeenshire in the Fall of his life. He found a place to drink and to watch the sea. He wrote in his notebook. Only the good die young and I am too old to die young. I lived a soldier life and mistress love wasn't my blessing.

The poet requested three fingers of the Johnnie Walker whiskey. It was early Springtime in Scotland and he remembered his April love who was far away from his life and her thoughts. She was a auburn hair Scottish gal with rose-colored cheeks and a smile of gold. She became his Bonny Lass in the early Spring of 1988 and she left him in the cold days of Winter. He remembered she would seek the wildflowers field. She would dance barefoot and she would laugh. She loved when the sea kissed her feet and she loved him so.

He played truth and dare with love. He broke her heart and he damned his soul. Now the warm days of Spring are abounded. He wanted his feet to touch the soil of Scotland and to drink to his Bonny Lass.

He raised the first finger to the sky. He told no-one. To my Bonnie girl, so far away from me. I hope you found a true love to make you smile every day of your life. I love you still. He drank the whiskey down and he reached for another.

He raised the second finger of the Johnnie Walker and he told the silence. To the nightingale song , the haunting song of things in the lost and found of life. He remember her beautiful voice telling him. I forgive you Johnnie. Please try to be happy. I told her, I cannot forgive myself. He drank the whiskey down and he reached for the last one.

He raised the third finger of whiskey to the sky. He whispered to the sea in view. Thank you beautiful Sheena for teaching me the lullaby of love. You taught me the footpath of love is rare and sweet. Only found and touched by the lucky and the brave. I was neither. He drank the last finger of the Johnnie walker and he told the face in the mirror. You cannot take-back the sins of yesterday. Just the poet's ghostly sins to paper.

Coyote

© 2021 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review



I dare anyone to try and pack more emotion into a page of prose than you have managed here Coyote .. And as far as I'm concerned, 'Three Fingers of Johnnie Walker' delivers the kind of knockout punch we all crave to read and to enjoy ......... indeed, I can not imagine anything better than to have your tale of love lost and subsequent lament read aloud while sitting round a campfire by the side of some Scottish loch .. surrounded by friends of course .. a good sleeping bag and a spare bottle of JW ... Oh' and plenty of mosquito spray .. :)

Neville


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Neville. Sam here in Michigan. Need the mosquito spray. Thank you for reading and the commen.. read more
Neville

2 Years Ago


my pleasure Coyote



Reviews



I dare anyone to try and pack more emotion into a page of prose than you have managed here Coyote .. And as far as I'm concerned, 'Three Fingers of Johnnie Walker' delivers the kind of knockout punch we all crave to read and to enjoy ......... indeed, I can not imagine anything better than to have your tale of love lost and subsequent lament read aloud while sitting round a campfire by the side of some Scottish loch .. surrounded by friends of course .. a good sleeping bag and a spare bottle of JW ... Oh' and plenty of mosquito spray .. :)

Neville


Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

I agree Neville. Sam here in Michigan. Need the mosquito spray. Thank you for reading and the commen.. read more
Neville

2 Years Ago


my pleasure Coyote
a lofty languish of love and lament of loss... but not lost my friend, not lost

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you Robert for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.
bittersweet memories that will always be an inspiration. You have so much to write about from your life my friend, your journeys, your experiences, your wisdom, your imaginations and dreams, your poetic talent with words comes from a sincere source inside You. another enjoyable piece to read, Thank You for sharing my friend.

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Years Ago

Thank you my friend. The bittersweet memories. The writer's wealth or burden.
lightsong

2 Years Ago

both my friend :) and You are certainly welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 22, 2021
Last Updated on June 22, 2021

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..