Dearest Nicole

Dearest Nicole

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

A Texas gal who loved the desert.

"

(Dearest Nicole told me. The vastness of everything. The vastness of nothing. What is real? We must decide.)

Dearest Nicole...


I befriended her at a strip-club. She was the dancer with the far-away eyes. She liked me because I needed and wanted nothing. After her car broke down. I drove her home till she gathered enough to paid off the repair payment. She taught me to laugh and she taught me to love whiskey. She was my desert Costa’s Hummingbird. Needed the free desert and the stars above her.

1- She hid in the desert, 40 miles from Austin, Texas. A very small and quiet city. She liked to hide in the places where the Texas Sage and Zebra Cactus grew wild. She would plant wildflowers in her homemade house of flowers. She told me often. I love my daisies, the most.

She loved her desert and in the 3 am hours. She would sing to the wolves and the coyotes. She dislike serious conversation and she loved the Texas sea. She adored the night sky when the sky was filled with the stars and the moon above her.

She did not seek voices and I understood her wishes. Sometime we need the quiet of the desert.

2- Beauty dwelled in her beautiful brown eyes. Beauty and kindness dwelled in the softness of her voice. She wanted soft hands on her tender skin and her hands. Took away my pain of living. I adored when she told me. Johnnie, you will be okay. I am with you now and you are not alone.

3- My dearest Nicole. She lived alone and she was a beautiful desert flower. She accepted life and she demanded her freedom. I remember us, too deep in the whiskey kisses and we danced for the moon and the stars. I told her on a Winter night. Freedom can cost us everything.

She looked deeply into my eyes and she whispered. Some payment, we must pay. I left her in Texas on a June day. I told her. I love you dear Nicole. And I shall remember you.

Coyote

© 2023 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Reminds me of Bob Dylan's 'Tangled Up In Blue' from his Blood on the Tracks album. I particularly like the line 'Freedom can cost us everything'. Excellent Work Coyote ✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

Posted 8 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

8 Months Ago

Thank you my friend for reading and the comment. Freedom demands heavy payment.
A lovely image of a desert rose. Well done.

Posted 9 Months Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

9 Months Ago

Thank you Sharrumkin for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2023
Last Updated on August 4, 2023

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing