Love never befriended me.. Poem one for April.

Love never befriended me.. Poem one for April.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

April, poetry month. Number one.

"
Love never befriended me...

I was alone in a Austin, Tavern and young man staring at his shot of whiskey and cold beer. I touched his shoulder and I introduced myself. The man turned to me with tears in his eyes. He told me. I left my wife alone and crying alone.

I told him. Most of us learn too late. Failure make us wiser too late. We learn to late to be better friends, we learn too late to be better lover and we learn too late to be kind to our family. I do believe we must fail to know what is right or wrong. I keep my old memories, I keep my old mistakes near me to remind me to be a better man. It is better to keep silence than say words, that can brake a heart forever. Never lie, lies become twisted and one day. You won’t know the truth from a lie.

I ordered a shot of whiskey and a cold beer. I raised the shot of whiskey to the sky. I tell the night. To you dear Sheena, my first love and my last love. I do remember you.

I told the young man. Buy your wife, some of her favorite things. Take her dancing and beg for forgiveness. He pushed his whiskey and beer toward me and he asked me. Did you find love? I told him. Love never befriended me. He took my hands and he told me. I will buy my wife some Dove chocolate and her favorite wine. I will beg for forgiveness.

He saw the dead-end in my eyes and he thanks me and he told me. Johnnie, you ain’t done yet. We must go forward. I watched him escape the tavern and I prayed to the goddess of the night for a happy ending.

I drank the whiskey.

Dancing Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

OH DAMN!!

I felt so many emotions while reading this.
Quite powerful!
"I do believe we must fail to know what is right or wrong. " this right here is very very true, inorder to learn we must first fail at some things.




Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Month Ago

Thank you dear Amy. We must learn sadness to appreciate happiness.
Amy R

1 Month Ago

VERY TRUEE!
Nothing but the truth in this life.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

59 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 3, 2024
Last Updated on April 3, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing