I do, dear I do.

I do, dear I do.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

April, poetry month number two.

"

I do, dear I do...


Once I knew the sea, once I knew the mountains and once I roamed deep into the forest. And once I knew the sweetness of true love. I wondered tonight. Did she surrender to me or did I surrender to her? We had whiskey kisses and we needed bare skin and grasping bodies seeking pleasure, peace and utopia of love kindness.

I remember she loved the morning. Her eyes lost in another place. We drank coffee and we walked the long Monterey beach hand in hand.

She asked me often. Where do we go from here? When we use everything up. Do we replace the need with more desperate and dangerous touch? Do we seek wild dances and more adventures. Testing our bodies and mind. I told her. We suicide boarded the Winter Pacific sea and free climbs every mountain near. We tasted danger and we wanted more.

Life is today, life is now. We must make every second worthwhile and never tame. We cannot count the blessing, we cannot count the defeats. We must seek more. I am a soldier and you are my wild Gypsy Monterey gal. And we know. We must seek more joyful kisses, we must seek whiskey and we must find the sea. Pray for more my dear love.

She smiled and she asked me. Will you make me immortal dear poet. Will you make me the beautiful girl in Monterey forever? Will you forget me when you escape me and the Pacific for your damn wars?

I kissed her and I whispered to her. Beautiful Gail. I do, dear I do and I won’t ever forget you. You are my California dream, you are my California miracle. You will stay in my mind and heart till my last day. I will make you immortal love dear Gail. I will pray to the Goddess of the Pacific for one more kiss, one more midnight dance. I will never forget you.

She smiled and she gave me a hundred kisses and she straddled me. She whispered. Dear John. You can’t return to the beautiful places. Time is a cold hearted thief.

Dancing Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very heart tugging yet warming to the soul.
So nicely expressed.

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Month Ago

Thank you dear friend for reading and the comment. I do appreciate.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
1 Review
Added on April 3, 2024
Last Updated on April 3, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing