The darkness..

The darkness..

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

April, poetry month poem number seven..

"

The darkness…


Tonight I can see shadows of faces and hear the shadows of lost voices.

They are interrupting my dreams.

Now I seek to find beauty and kindness in our ugly world.

Once lust made me seek taverns, the whiskey kisses and the dangerous dances.

I told my pretty friend next to be in the Irish Pub. We are just flesh, bones and blood.

Born to live and born to die.

Today the old man goes forward for the grandchildren. He showed them the lakes, he showed them the flowing rivers and the forest. He teaches them life must be enjoyed, every new day. We must appreciate the opportunity to discover, to learn. Time goes by so quickly.

The shadows of yesterday steal my dreams. And tomorrow is another chance to know laughter.

Dancing Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

the whiskey kisses and the dangerous dances......
I really love that line there. Especially the one about trying to find beauty and kindness in the world.
Good luck with that one. I be kind to everyone, sometimes it backfires on me. I enjoyed this and I
enjoy Johnny cash.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Weeks Ago

Me too my friend. Only one Johnny Cash. Thank you for reading and the comment.



Reviews

the whiskey kisses and the dangerous dances......
I really love that line there. Especially the one about trying to find beauty and kindness in the world.
Good luck with that one. I be kind to everyone, sometimes it backfires on me. I enjoyed this and I
enjoy Johnny cash.

Posted 2 Weeks Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

2 Weeks Ago

Me too my friend. Only one Johnny Cash. Thank you for reading and the comment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

61 Views
1 Review
Added on April 10, 2024
Last Updated on April 10, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing