Texas gals.

Texas gals.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

April, poetry month new poetry number twenty-four.

"

Texas gals..

( April is poetry month. New poetry number twenty-four.)


Once I escaped Michigan. I was seeking death and I went to three war zones and I learn. I had something left. The gods of life blessed me and I was send to Fort Hood, Texas for six years.

I befriended Belton, Texas. I felt safe and secure in their dance halls. I was at a Dance hall in Belton and I arrived early. 6pm to 9pm. Long Island ice teas. Three bucks. My kind friend was a one-handed bartender. Always a smile and some kind words. I wrote on a napkin.

“Trust, silence, ugliness. Was my teacher.”

The bartender Bob had called beautiful Sally. A kind friend who could make me smile. I felt a gentle touch and she asked me. Where you been? I called your unit. They told me you are off and fighting other folks wars. I told her. I was in Bosnia and Africa. United Nation missions. She wrapped her arms around me and she whispered. Johnnie, you can’t save a world, that doesn’t want to be saved.

I befriended Sally three years ago. Her and her daughter make me Dance the Texas two-step all night. Sally wrote to me and I would send postcards to her. She asked me. Did you miss me and my daughter? We were concern about you. I told her.

I do appreciate you dear Sally. I have missed the kindness in your voice and I missed your beautiful smile. I do adore you Belton, Texas ladies. You are a blessing to my old heart. You are my Texas miracles.

I asked her. How is Elena? Did she like the small gifts I send to her. Sally took my hands and she told me. Me and Elena prayed for your safe return. She caressed my face with gentle fingers and she told me. You damn soldiers with the sad eyes. Like my father who fought in the Vietnam war. Make me want to shake you. Tell you, stay in Texas and forget the ugly wars. You forgot how to laugh and you forgot how to smile. The Army had stole your soul. In Belton, Texas. We won’t allow this. We will make you Texas strong.

Sally took me to the dancefloor and we Texas two-step to Willie Nelson. She held me tightly and she kissed my face. She told me. Tonight less drink, more talk. Elena is coming at nine and we want to see the big Michigan smile. You owned once. Me and Elena will teach you to laugh and smile again. In Texas.

We can overcome anything.

Dancing Coyote

© 2024 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Thank you for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Yet another of your past loves and yet, there is something gentle and genuine in this not so long ago meeting. I always assume your past darlings were real and not your vivid imagination on the tick, John! Although, no matter, writing about love is power for the course these days! And just sometimes, it can be about the real something precious. Many thanks for sharing, sir!

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Week Ago

A true tale dear Emma. The Texas people were kind to the soldiers. Never a negative word and thank y.. read more


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

Dear bhaiyya

Seducing sastry's family got hurt and offended when i talked about her character and intelligence and poor lady couldnt wanted to read my post by everyone, so she dsleted it finaly anz yaerid is smiling for her fake tears.
I dont know that she has big and round and full on both sides back and front .how lucky was that gully boy and namN kotgari who had been with her on bed.


Jessy alieas usha jacob mekala.

Posted 1 Week Ago


Dear bhaiyya,

Do come to our wedding

With your family and eat and bless us..


Thank you

Usha/jessy jacob


Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Yet another of your past loves and yet, there is something gentle and genuine in this not so long ago meeting. I always assume your past darlings were real and not your vivid imagination on the tick, John! Although, no matter, writing about love is power for the course these days! And just sometimes, it can be about the real something precious. Many thanks for sharing, sir!

Posted 1 Week Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote Poetry

1 Week Ago

A true tale dear Emma. The Texas people were kind to the soldiers. Never a negative word and thank y.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2024
Last Updated on April 23, 2024

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing