Love and hate

Love and hate

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

I wrote this back inn 1993. Young woman wanted everything and nothing. I told her life is long and hard. We must try to be kind.

"

 

                      Love and Hate

 She spoke of love and hate in the same sentence.
 
I asked her did she know the difference?
 
She wanted my affection and wanted to escape.
 
Now our love had turn dirty.
 
Like love was drowning her somehow.
 
I asked does she want to be free?
 
A tear rolled down her young beautiful face.
 
I told her "life is a bloody roller coaster ride.
 
The decision of to give or to take.
 
It is our road to decide?
 
Today it may not matter.
 
All things good and bad  will fade away with time.
 
I don't hold on to things that desire  to be free.
 
The only proof of true love is time.
 
Stay with me if you desire? "
 
                          John Castellenas
                            17 Oct. 1993
                         
 
 
 
 
 

 

© 2011 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
Old poem from the past. Take a lot of pain to make a wise man.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very good poem. Though I cannot say that I have ever felt this pain before, I know can say that I can imagine what it feels like.

It's so true, what you said; people want the best of everything, even if it hurts other people. 'She spoke of love and hate in the same sentence./I asked her did she know the difference?' Powerful line. You have a gift for expressing emotions in writing. Good job!


Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Shaken the heart when is bleeds is pain, desire is one thing that many humans long for.. to belong.. And time is all we have.. Beautiful soul.. you have

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true in every line
REAL love knows how to hold on
let the rest be forever gone

Great poem...thank you for the inspiration sam

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
KL
Love/hate; black/white; night/day; yin/yang... the world's foundation is made of opposite ends of the spectrum. Does everybody know this? Nope. Too many people today want everything and nothing (to quote yourself).

Your poetry drips with wisdom, and I love it. Each line means something, and it seems like even the poem's formatting is telling me to take a moment to absorb each one.

My question; did she stay?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very lovely :) there is only a minor grammar problem and that would be mispelling/mis-using the word "difference" in the 2nd line, and i believe in the 4th to the last line, i think you meant to say "fade" instead of "fate" since fate is a noun. but besides that, i think you did an excellent job writing this. very well done.
it is amazing how you've gone through so much in your life time; thank you for sharing this with us.
the last four lines are my favorite: "all good things and bad with fate away with time. I don't hold onto things that desire to be free. the only proof of true love is time." that's so very true. you can know for a fact that you have found your true love if they are willing to stick with you through the thick and thins of life and stay with you forever until the end of time. they'll always be right there by your side and support you no matter what the circumstances. a good read as well as a great poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bud
The whole of the poem, every line has full meaning. But surprisingly what I found the most meaningful was the one sentence above... "Take a lot of pain to make a wise man.". Amen.

I loved this poem. Wisdom does so ring from it. I pray that many read your work, absorb it. It has the power to sway people in the right direction. Ending the cycle of repeated error. Sadly, I feel it will not be taken heed to... Outstanding work, as usual.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is a very good poem. I connected to it, and that says something to me, because I usually don't connect with poems about love or hate. The flow is great, and seemingly effortless. Good job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Coyote, your experiences can make the bones chill as you express your minds eye. Every story holds the reader captive and spellbound because it's apparent these are real life experiences! I again salute you!

Gus O.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

There never is any freedom in life... There are rules and laws everywhere a person turns... Just like your "bloody rollercoaster ride," life is relentless and will twist in turn in many painful ways. No one person is safe from its torment. Let's just hope there will be people close to the end who are still joyful instead of bitter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words of sixteen years past ring true for all who choose to understand life. I was with
you at every word. You know well what I also believe, thank you for the new opportunity
to think as you do. We write about our own lives and that is the only truth we can ever know....sam

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes we can be free only in dreams, because in the real world is not always possible. Beautiful thoughts and words are included in this poem.
Wonderful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1022 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 24, 2009
Last Updated on February 2, 2011

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Angela Angela

A Poem by Coyote Poetry