The Coastline

The Coastline

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

In 1991, I drove from Michigan to California. I wrote this poem the day I saw the Ocean.

"
                        







 











The Coastline


I fell in love with her on a December morning.
I stop my truck and I was star struck at her beauty.
Her power.

I walk quickly to her.
She was dancing on the shore.

Nothing could equal her beauty.
I gazed in wonder for hours sitting on the sand.

How could I have not escape to her beauty before this day?

Now I walk up and down the shore.
Watching the waves.
The beauty of her be-witched my heart.

I knew when I left her.
I would yearn for her sight.
Never be complete till she was dancing my  feet again.

My love was the Pacific ocean.
The peaceful sea.

I wish to be with her today.

                 Coyote
               December 1992











© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem brought out of my pile of old poetry. I love the ocean. Best days of my life was by the sea.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wrote a poem about the sea today, before discovering yours. I couldn't agree more. Being by the sea is one of the best, if not THE best, places on this earth. East coast, West coast, Carribean. All different, except for their individual beauty. I loved this piece, glad I found it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Your poem makes me long for living near salty waters..Your love for the Ocean is so uniquely expressed in this touching verse..Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, there is nothing quite like the sea...the power, the waves, the sights, sounds and smells. This made me homesick. As much as I love where I am in time and place now, I still miss being near the ocean and partaking of that beauty. Very well expressed! I'm so glad you brought this poem back out where it can be enjoyed. Thank you!

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Nice work!I feel like that every time I'm at the beach.Wonderful,isn't it?
Beautiful imagery.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I read this like 4 or 5 times! This is so beautiful! The imagery is just amazing! "She was dancing on the shore" just incredible! To find out that your love was the Pacific ocean gave this poem a twist that just left me speechless! Thank you for sharing!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is just lovely. 'She was dancing on the shore'. Whatb a fabulous way to put it!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I love poems about the sea...the sea is so many things including beautiful and peaceful it is hard not to be captivated by it..I love to be by the water and I love this poem...it is serene and simply wonderful...good work...

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is ever so lovely Coyote. I really enjoyed this write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Beautiful work! Love the imagery.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like Neva, me too, that is my plan to move to the coast. I'm a little over an hour away, and thats just way too far away. My goal is to smell the ocean everyday, and hear the wave. I love the ocean too, it really calls to me...

Great one here my friend, brought back tons of wonderful memories.
:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think Man is envious of the sea - its freedom to come and go and never wholly stay yet .. gives so much pleasure to so many people. I can sit on the beach and watch and watch the sea's movements, the way the light alters as it travels, love to inhale its scent, feel its spray - could go on for hours!

And tho the ocean has a myriad of moods each on is absolute magic. How I agree with, John.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5305 Views
188 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on March 3, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..