Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
The Coastline

The Coastline

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

In 1991, I drove from Michigan to California. I wrote this poem the day I saw the Ocean.

"
                        







 











The Coastline


I fell in love with her on a December morning.
I stop my truck and I was star struck at her beauty.
Her power.

I walk quickly to her.
She was dancing on the shore.

Nothing could equal her beauty.
I gazed in wonder for hours sitting on the sand.

How could I have not escape to her beauty before this day?

Now I walk up and down the shore.
Watching the waves.
The beauty of her be-witched my heart.

I knew when I left her.
I would yearn for her sight.
Never be complete till she was dancing my  feet again.

My love was the Pacific ocean.
The peaceful sea.

I wish to be with her today.

                 Coyote
               December 1992











© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
A old poem brought out of my pile of old poetry. I love the ocean. Best days of my life was by the sea.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wrote a poem about the sea today, before discovering yours. I couldn't agree more. Being by the sea is one of the best, if not THE best, places on this earth. East coast, West coast, Carribean. All different, except for their individual beauty. I loved this piece, glad I found it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I love the Pacific Ocean. It's the one I go to all the time. This is a very beautiful love poem to the Pacific Ocean. Very powerful in its longing. Fantastic.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I too love the ocean. It gives people a sense of calmness and tranquility. Great read as always:)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Describing the ocean as a lover is downright awesome .. And I know you are not alone... The ocean is a mistress to many ... thanx for the reminder.. I think I'll hit the coastline in the near future...
LLR

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful. The ocean is loved by many. It is something that will never hurt you. Great poem.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very beautiful poem such a delightful read. I am sure the ocean was breathtaking. Very beautiful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh how often we do take advantage of all the beauty before our eyes... when we see it everyday we tend to not reveal in the beauty of that before us, especially nature... it is right in front of our eyes everyday and we become numb to its magic... nice to see you realized what you were missing.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i live along the coast of cali. nothing does more for me than the ocean. point lobos in monterey is my favorite! the power and the beauty of the ocean will never get old, even though it is so accessible from where i live. i'll always consider it a privilege. nice poem, i'd be down to go to the beach right now!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

amen, and amen, and amen...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


19
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

The Shadow On My Shoulder
There is an angel who sits upon my shoulder who goes by the name of Death...

Stats

5329 Views
188 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on March 3, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2012

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse