!War!  What is good for? Nothing.

!War! What is good for? Nothing.

A Poem by Coyote Poetry
"

Just thinking about good people who are missed. Thank you Edwin Starr for your song.

"
"Borders may separate countries.
But with each death in war.
A flame of life is lost."




I was the first USA citizen in one year to visit the graves of 20,000 USA Soldiers lost in one battle in WW2.

























My good friend who was killed in Iraq with his children in 2004.





















Rachel Corrie. A human shield killed trying to protect a clinic.

© 2012 Coyote Poetry


Author's Note

Coyote Poetry
I'm tire of war. I was raised with the Vietnam war. My children have the Bush's war. I pray for peace. Time for all people to demand the end to war. I know the 1.2 trillion dollar spend on war could create jobs and help education.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have thought much about it man. The govts of the world can wage no war without men willing to fight. The paranoia of having to defend ourselves is a great evil. There must be civil disobedience and the acceptance of a law of humanity that supercedes the laws of panels of men. Charity to all in need is the way to get there.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

ok so let's start from the structure and then i talk about the theme (i really wanna comment it):
We're in an era surrounded by technology so it's definitely a good idea trying to use it to fill your poems with deeper pathos and you did it perfectly by adding these very accurate photos (just my opinion: the description of the 2nd and the 3rd photos should be revised, the description of the 1st instead is perfect, it makes sense even without the photo but with it, it gains much more pathos),
The first stanza is visually curious because it is like a ladder, every verse is a little bit shorter than the one before !
About the theme, I totally agree with you ! I think life is the most precious gift we have, and it's silly to risk it this way ! We're all human beings, we all have a heart, two lungs, a head ... why do we fight each other?!
Great poem, good job ! =D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Homo Homini Lupus...man is wolf to man. when i was a child i believed war was stupid and that all soldiers where evil people who enjoyed killing. when i was a young teen i supported soldiers but believed political figureheads where monsters who profited from war. today i believe that no one wants war except for those who make the first move. its hard to know that there are people in this world in seats of power who would look at this amazing poem and say "quit wining" people who have never been to war, and never had to fight to survive. wars are not always battles fought off in far away lands, there are many wars right here on the home front we need to focus on. drugs, crime lords, human trafficking.
to defend home we must start by defending the inside first, then we can focus on the outside. if all we do is fight fight fight. and never stop, we will fall before we can even put a Placemark in history as the human race.
this is as always, an outstanding eye opening piece. i could see you writing entire documentaries on war since you have seen soo much in your life. thank you soo much for sharing this.

-S.B.-

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crazy stuff man's inhumanity to man Coyote . War is futile and a waste . Extinguished lives a flame that will never burn bright as you say .

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
I think everyone is tired of war...my brother will be home in another week from Afghanstan..woo-hoo
Very honest and well written tribute
Awesome

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I appreciate this piece of writing deeply Cayote. It's a wonder people like you can leave this for the living, and ones who are totally out of war as you where in. Miraculously. And deeply appreciated!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thats very true.


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
☯
Hopefully out of these many wars may we improve our thoughts and our country. I'm thankful for those who have fought to keep us safe, to ensure our freedom. Whether it is a war in Iraq or in Russia, a war is a war. I hope one day the future generations will not have to meet the same fates.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

War is stupid. I think there should be international law that prohibits wars. I am so sorry for your loss. I just think its terrible.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All war does is destroy countries and so many lives and create great economic wealth for a few who don't care for those who died in making them money. It's very rare, I think, for a war to truly need to be fought. At least since WW2 I think that's true.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you are always at the forefront of words for peace and harmony

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1894 Views
70 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 6, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012
Tags: war, peace, friends, human shields.

Author

Coyote Poetry
Coyote Poetry

MI



About
A Poet and writer who love to read and write. My pleasure is reading about the bad and good in a life. Also to honor the Poets/Writers of the past by reading their words. Remember .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peace Peace

A Poem by Coyote Poetry