Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Reboot

Reboot

A Story by CatCrazy0430
"

Vicious circle

"

I have always know things I should not have known. When I was 4, I knew things about wars I had never heard about. I would go up to older people I had never met before, and call the by their first names. I would sings songs of sadness and hope in German and Polish, but I knew nether language. But oddest of all, was the house. 2 miles from my childhood home, was a small, blue, abandoned cottage. I convinced my parents to go there. When we did, I walked around saying, ¨I used to sit here and listen to the radio. This was where I slept. This was where my mom died. But you are the best mom I´ve ever had.¨ My mom responded with a smile, ¨But I'm the only mom you've ever had!¨ ¨No. I´ve had 12. But you're the best.¨ When I was growing up, I always had a strong attraction and knowledge of WWII, To the point where my room has every single WWII airfix model I could find hanging on my ceiling. So, at age 20, I joined the airforce. People from all over said I was the best pilot that had ever come to the base, that I had knowledge (and seemingly, the experience) that only the most seasoned pilots could attain.






The year was 2089. We had just entered WWIII. I was flying a plane, high above the clouds, feeling at home. As I flew down with my squadron, the clouds parted, and I saw a massive aircraft carrier. It fired 20 heat seeking missiles. One for each of us. There was no escape. As The missile flew closer, I had a flash of memory, and in that moment, It all became clear.





I was flying a British Spitfire above the English Channel, and I saw a aircraft carrier. A plane flew up and riddled mine with bullets. As I heard the chatter of gunfire, I prayed. ¨Dear God, give me another chance.¨





Back to reality, I looked at the terrible missile, getting closer by the second. I looked to the heaven and prayed. ¨ Dear God, give me another chance.¨ The it all went dark. I saw a bright light, and a loud voice. ¨Well, well, well. Here we are again. You gave up your life for your country once more. ¨Then I heard what sounded like a car horn. The voice spoke again.



¨Lets reboot¨



The light grew brighter. I was almost blinded. But this time, I did not forget who I was. I remembered.



I was standing at a street corner, with a wallet in my hand. I looked inside it and saw an ID. I was a 16 year old named Leo Vasquez. As I walked toward what I somehow knew to be my home, I said to myself, ¨I will not forget.¨



And I have not done that yet. I have died as a pilot over 40 times now. Each time I remember. I know all of my 40 names. I know all of my 40 cars. I know all of my 80 parents. I have not forgotten.


I will continue to die to help my country. For if I do not, who will?







But no matter what,







I will endure.

© 2019 CatCrazy0430


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on May 11, 2019
Last Updated on May 11, 2019

Author

CatCrazy0430
CatCrazy0430

Annandale, NJ



About
Honestly, just super tired. I'm a huge nerd, and I like dyeing my hair crazy colors. If you want to read more of my stuff, I post much more often on this website called prose. This is the link to m.. more..

Writing