Review on September Ends

Review on September Ends

A Story by Catlen

"September Ends", written by Hunter S. Jones and an anonymous English poet.

This is an unpredictable book. It was nothing like what I had expected it to be when I started reading it. As a teacher and an avid reader, I am not only interested in finding a good plot, but I also tend to look for more literary aspects in a book. I was intrigued after a friend recommended this book to me to find out how a romance writer with a history of steamy-hot novels will blend her writing style with the voice of a metaphysical poet. Incongruous though it seems, they achieved a uniform style, each offering their readership a taste of their unique talents.

Why I thought this was an unpredictable book? Let me tell you about my experience with it. I bought it a few days ago and I started reading it at once. I read up to chapter 14 that day and only made myself to stop because of the late hour and the fact that I had to go to work early in the morning. It is that fast a read and it has HOT-HOT scenes that all romance fans will love. Work got in the way and I couldn't read it for the next couple of days, but the story was imbued in my mind. I picked it up again last night expecting the second half of the book to be equally lustful and that's when the unexpected happened.

Here I was then at 5.20 am. emailing my friend with a tear-streaked face and an overwhelmed heart. It took me at least twenty minutes to write a simple email. I could not find the words to express what this book made me feel.

If I was to give a subheading to this book, it would be "Life in full circle". Love, heartbreak, hope, love, pain, hope again... Isn't that how real life works? That's the message of this book. Liz Snow, the main character, goes through a lot of hardships, as we see in the first half of the book, but life has a way to show her what she should be looking for....what really matters...what we should all be looking for or expecting out of life.

I'm sure that each reader will discover something different in this book. It seems to have everything: lust, real love, pain, positivity...thrilling prose, thought-provoking poems, wittily-funny blogs...

So, high stars from me. This is a book with a difference and I honestly hope it will find the place it deserves on the book market.

 

http://www.amazon.com/September-Ends-Hunter-S-Jones-ebook/dp/B00FJD05YO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1382648220&sr=8-1&keywords=september+ends

© 2013 Catlen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This makes for a truly inspiring review, prompts a prospective reader to find the book and discover why and how you thought and felt this way. That's the power of a really good reviewer, to lure readership. Bravo!

Why haven't more people read the above and then, dived into the book!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This makes for a truly inspiring review, prompts a prospective reader to find the book and discover why and how you thought and felt this way. That's the power of a really good reviewer, to lure readership. Bravo!

Why haven't more people read the above and then, dived into the book!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

260 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 24, 2013
Last Updated on October 24, 2013

Author

Catlen
Catlen

Greece



About
My name is Catherine and I am from Greece. I am a teacher in reality and a romance writer in my dreams. I am also working as a freelance editor / proofreader. For more information, check my webs.. more..

Writing
Love Ache Love Ache

A Poem by Catlen



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..